PDA

View Full Version : Jetting for removing the lid....

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-02-2002, 09:33 PM
My motor is stock besides a K&N w/ Outerwear and I want to remove the air lid, so could anyone give me suggestions for the main/pilot/needle? I realize you cannot give me the exact jetting specs, but something in the ballpark would help alot. Thanks

BornOnFire
10-02-2002, 10:24 PM
With no lid and a high flow filter You may have to up one size on the pilot and main but it is entirely possible that you may not have to at all. Each motor seems to have a mind of its own. I would ride it at all levels and see if you notice any backfiring anywhere in the powerband. Depending where it ocurrs on the powerband you may get away with re-jetting or moving the neelde clip. My $.02

bmf400ex
10-03-2002, 07:43 AM
try a 42 pilot, then remove choke, and a 160 main, needle on third clip setting(middle). this is if u have an aftermarket slip on, if u got stock exhaust try a 155 or 158 main. (jet numbers are in Keihin sizes)

lilpoppy
11-12-2002, 08:14 PM
I have the same setup. Total stock except k&n filter with air box lid off. I upped my main jet to a 152 and theft the needle and the pilot jet alone. I havn't had much time to test it out yet but it seems to be running a lot smoother.