PDA

View Full Version : Getting a 440EX, need help on what to look for

Sheepdog
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Hello. I am brand new to this forum and it seems there is a lot of good info on here.

I am going tomorrow to get a 2001 400Ex with a 440 big bore kit on it. I am trading a rear end for a drag car for it worth about $2500.

The quad has a durablue axle, white bros r4 slip on, it may be a full system, I have not seen the bike yet. The 440 kit, all new tires and I think that is about it.

Being that it is six years old now, are there any specifics I should check? I did not know if there was a hidden bushing or something I might need to have a look at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have a nice night,

Eric

hondaracer57
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Check for head leaks cause 440 are know for that(but if built good shouldnt have no problems)..Check the swingarm bolt some times they get stuck and when i mean stuck u can get them out without a torch (well thats what i had too do to mine was cut it out w/ a torch)and if it aint stuck just make sure u use never seize on it or put a grease fitting on it..check the frame make sure it aint welded anywhere and aint bent...um other then that is the quad looks good and all the bearings and bushings are tight on it,it dosent smoke stuff like that it would be a good tradeand also it good to check and see if it has a title i know i live in pa and if u get caught with a quad not being registered its a big fine...hope i help and everything works out good on the quad...

Sheepdog
03-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the advise. I will check all of that. It does have a title.

If it all works out, I'll be around posting more questions.

I can't wait. My little brother had a Suzuki LT400 and it was awesome. I have not had one since my Quadsport 230 about 15 years ago.

Thanks again!