PDA

View Full Version : Clutch issues

450rperformance
03-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Its been a while since i posted here so here are my updates. I recently installed a full dasa racing exhaust and hrc jet kit. The pipe and jet kit really opened my 450r up. But anyways onto my ongoing problems. Since i got my 450r used i always had to start it in neutral because when i tried kicking it it always wanted to jump forward like my clutch wasn't fully disengaging. Since i put some mods on 450r it seems to be getting worse. Like when i'm riding in the woods it feels like the clutch doesn't disengage and wants to stall. I have plenty of pull on the clutch lever but something is still wrong. The only thing i can think of thats wrong is either my clutch pressure plates or friction plates are warped or maybe the clutch basket could be warped too. Also i was wondering whats a good clutch to put in.

lumi
03-02-2007, 10:55 PM
yea u should open her up and see whats what.... honda clutch is good, maybe some stiffer springs if ur getting any type of slippage tho... most people like to bead blast the plates and than install em

-lumi