View Full Version : Anyone here run - camber on there mx bikes?

jimanold22
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I know alot of guys ran negative camber in the 90's,but since seems to have faded away.What is the advantages and disadvantages of it?I know having negative camber in turns is good,but what about straght line stability,etc?No one seems to run it anymore.

Nac's22
03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
i just bought a mx 250r and it has a pretty decent amount of camber. it looks like one of the national bikes when you look at it from the front end. the little bit that i have rode it so far it seems to corner very very well. as far as strait line stablility i have read that its less stable a higher speeds in a strait line. someone please correct me if im wrong.

300exQuadracer
03-03-2007, 08:56 AM
i ran mine for mx one race with roughly -3* camber 0* castor and it tracked good through the corners but through the straights it could get squirrely fast in the front end never ran that setup again

atvmxr
03-03-2007, 11:02 AM
you have to run a little more toe-in ;)
Mine runs right where I point tapped in sixth . it does wear out the inside of the tires faster. I think thats why they were using the grooved car tires back then too.....

deathman53
03-03-2007, 01:46 PM
also back then, grooved car tires were better than anything offered too, The side effect is they really suck on mud. I still use grooved radials, on dry and hard tracks.