PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a Complete replacement headlight for my 88 250r?

strnge
03-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Who makes a Complete replacement headlight for my 88 250r?

Mine is craked in like 10 spots. I want the most light I can get out of it. Do the modern light replacemnt units work? (Euro style) If you are not familiar with euro style just look at a modern 450 headlight. Notice the different cuts in the reflector.

What wattage do I need?

If I was to get a set for the handle bars, which ones shoud I get. I want to keep the original if I can.

250Renvy
03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure nobody makes a replacement and they are discontinued from Honda. I've heard of people squeezing 300ex lights in the 88 hoods. You could try that. Otherwise you would have to go aftermarket like HID or Procomp or some other style.

mfr422
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
I took a 300ex light,[ the side mounts are the same], and epoxied a tab for the adjustment screw onto it, works like a champ. looks stock and you can use higher wattage bulbs if you have a rewound stator. :D

strnge
03-04-2007, 12:46 AM
I have not pulled my light off yet. My question is, does the light have permanent brackets mounted to it, or is it held in place with some kind of retaining ring like an old car? If this is the case, why cant we just go buy a silvania or other product light bulb.

mfr422
03-04-2007, 01:10 AM
The light has mounting tabs on each side where the bolts go into it that pivot, I looked for an automotive alternative, but couldn't find one the exact size. I wanted it to look stock, if you made a plate to cover the gap in front that went around the sides to the bolts it would work. I tried that, but didn't like the look of it. If you just want a brighter bulb, you can get one because the base is a standard auto base, I've had a cool blue, and currently have a super white bulb in mine. The 300ex light pn 33120-HC0-003, is 46 dollars from service honda. I guess it comes down to what you want it to look like, you could mount two small halogens in a plate, but I prefer the stock look with a brighter bulb. :D

strnge
03-04-2007, 04:20 AM
I agree with the stock look too. I will take my light out on Sunday and get a good look at it. I have a couple of fabricating gods that I am friends with and we should be able to come up with something.