PDA

View Full Version : what are some things i need to know before i buy it.

jojohead
03-02-2007, 07:36 AM
before i buy a blaster i want to know some info....... its a 02 runs great and is very nice.... I hear they brake alot.... what breaks on them.... i am not a tough rider and i dont break my things alot... WHat to i have to watch out for..... it has already nerf bars racing pipe.. and full skid plate.... i know its 2 stroke... any info you guys can give me..

Xater
03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
the brakes are the only bad things about them... the rear brakes mostlikey dont work on it.

jojohead
03-02-2007, 12:41 PM
did you every have a problem in the cold... my neighbor blew his engine in the snow and said that when i get it i should get an oil block off kit or something like that..

Tater049
03-02-2007, 01:17 PM
all im going to say is 2 strokes are a lot of maintenance. But, the brakes must be better than my 250ex. They seriosuly dont even work, they are so bad. I ddi a lot of things to fix them and nothing works

blasterfreak99
03-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by jojohead
did you every have a problem in the cold... my neighbor blew his engine in the snow and said that when i get it i should get an oil block off kit or something like that..

yeah you will deffenetly want to get an oil injection block off kit. they go for about 30 bucks and are fairly simple to put on. the blaster is a good machine but there are better. how much is it? it won't matter if it is in the cold or not, your friend's blaster was just messed up and it could've happened in warm weather. i'd say go for it if it is a reasonable price.

blaster99
03-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by jojohead

yeah, get an oil injection block off. the oil might have gotten thicker from the cold and cloged the line that injects the oil. overall the oil injection system iis really unreliable, but other than the oil injection, the breaks should be the only thing giving you a problem. if you keep it maintained, it will run great for you.

C-LEIGH RACING
03-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Tater049
all im going to say is 2 strokes are a lot of maintenance. But, the brakes must be better than my 250ex. They seriosuly dont even work, they are so bad. I ddi a lot of things to fix them and nothing works

Thats kinda funny,,,,,,, & everybody thats got a 2 stroke knows what I'm saying.
I guess if you dont know, you just dont know, as in how to take care of one.
Neil

88blaster
03-03-2007, 01:16 PM
If your friend blew his motor when it was really cold it was probobly running lean because he did not re-jet for the cold weather, don't let this scare you from 2-strokes though, jetting is easy, atleast in this case, just step up a jet size or two.
An oil injection block off is a very good idea and can be had for less than $30, I made mine in the machine shop at school for free.

jojohead
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
yes it failed becasue the oil got thick and the lines got messed up... so if i get i will get the oil block off kit... It alrready has nerf bars... pipe alien silencer... and shock cover things and a full skit plate.. and comes with a trailer..

woodsracer144
03-03-2007, 06:00 PM
domt need to buy one you can make one.
you take the oil pump cover occ and you putt he hoed off and you find some hose that fits on them. then you take a plyers (sp?) and heat them up and pinch the time so it closed and dirt cant get in. then you do the same on the carb. so dirt dosent get dirt in the motor and you take ovv the case cover and you pull off the white gear in there to run the oil pump. that waht the parts shead did to me and they carged me 30 bucks for it and they didnt even put a block off kit in it becase i was able to put the oil injection in it and it was snt had to undo what they did, it was easy, just really rich

broncogurl
03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Blasters are reliable as long as you take care of them just like any other quad. Like said before get the oil injection block off kit. It nicer to be able to mix your own oil/gas ratios anyways. And yeah the front drum brakes suck. I have an '02 and I swapped on some hydraulic disc brakes from my old '03 Blaster. My rear brake doesn't work either but I haven't really played with it 'cause I'm lazy. :D You can buy hydraulic disc brake kits for '02 and older Blasters though ('03 and newer already have them). Would be a good upgrade if you're planning on getting that '02.