PDA

View Full Version : tim farr on kxf for 07?

cbr
03-02-2007, 04:49 AM
can someone findout if that rumor is true?

7 speed
03-02-2007, 06:33 AM
The KFX team has already been announced.
He is not on it and I doubt his contract is up with Honda.

7 speed
03-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Doesn't Timmy live in Ohio?

Dude! Go to his house and ask him.

ohsobad_chevy
03-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by 7 speed
Doesn't Timmy live in Ohio?

Dude! Go to his house and ask him.

LMAO....dont get the man shot. :p

#3ltr450
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
About a month ago he was down here in FL riding a HONDA.

cbr
03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
it would be nice to see him start winning again! hopefully he will stay healthy this year.

TWILES
03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Is he going to race MX next year? I have a friend who get things from Baldwin asked him and he said that they hadn't said anything about it. Thats been since last year. I haven't heard anything since. They said he had some back problems. That he'd had surgury and was still hurting pretty bad.

logangsxr998
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
No, Tim is not going to be on a Kaw this year. Two other riders associated with Tim will be though.

hsr
03-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by logangsxr998
No, Tim is not going to be on a Kaw this year. Two other riders associated with Tim will be though.

Are you sure of this? So Upperman will be on a Kawi for 07'then??

logangsxr998
03-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag, but its 2 riders that ride for Tim.

hsr
03-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by logangsxr998
I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag, but its 2 riders that ride for Tim.

Well it's pretty obvious that it's Josh Upperman and Mark Kendall, possibly Royer... i'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

The Great
03-04-2007, 10:42 AM
One of the mechanics i work with was talking to baldwin the other day and he wouldnt say what they were gonna run. I think tim will run a suzuki this year honda is being gay. Which i dont like to say because im a die hard honda fan

cbr
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM
i think tim should try his luck with another factory-yama., suzuki, or kawi.- if/when his contract is up. he's always been consistant winning, just the last couple years he hasnt been very consistant-i know he had back problems last year.

c450Razy
03-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by cbr
i think tim should try his luck with another factory-yama., suzuki, or kawi.- if/when his contract is up. he's always been consistant winning, just the last couple years he hasnt been very consistant-i know he had back problems last year.

He`s been consistant, just not in MX, he still kicks arse in TT

cbr
03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
TRUE.

MX450
03-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by hsr
Well it's pretty obvious that it's Josh Upperman and Mark Kendall, possibly Royer... i'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

Well they both ride for Motosport... and the motosport dirtbikes ride kawi now so i wouldnt be surprised.

03-10-2007, 05:07 PM
He is going to ride ktm wait and see

cbr
03-10-2007, 05:24 PM
i just read a 'tid bit' in atv insider about ktm-for us to not be surprised if tim farr is on a ktm this year. that is awesome. he's one of the most down to earth guys, and i hope he does ride one and does really well.

c450Razy
03-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by cbr
i just read a 'tid bit' in atv insider about ktm-for us to not be surprised if tim farr is on a ktm this year. that is awesome. he's one of the most down to earth guys, and i hope he does ride one and does really well.

This Year?

i don`t know about that. Maybe next year.

I could be wrong though.

speedfreaksguy
03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 83879902
He is going to ride ktm wait and see

:D

ATC_KING
03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
i think if tim rides for KTM that it would be a bad idea because the KTM will have a few problems i'm sure. why is honda being gay, i love honda:) i'm starting to like the Kaw. but i need to have more info on it :D

cbr
03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
i talked to mike walsh and he said tim farr is done racing.?.? we'll all have to wait and see.

Yamahauler_04
03-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I have heard KTM and Kawi as well.

KTM just isn't likely at this time. There are production rules, and as of now, no production bikes. KTM would have to release something real quick.

cbr
03-23-2007, 05:15 PM
what I'M thinking that might work out, is maybe timmy will race a prototype ktm in some open classes or something and maybe be ktms' public relations person. thats only what me, myself thinks.

STEVENJANNA
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
I have heard KTM and Kawi as well.

KTM just isn't likely at this time. There are production rules, and as of now, no production bikes. KTM would have to release something real quick.
If I'm not mistaken that is only a requirement for the AMA/ATVA. That doesn't mean he can't run a KTM in the WPSA production classes.

Yamahauler_04
03-23-2007, 06:53 PM
I thought the WPSA adopted ATVA rules to start.

How can you enforce a production class with a non production ATV?

Strange

STEVENJANNA
03-23-2007, 07:44 PM
According to the 2007 WPSA rule book
Chapter 11 ATV rules
Section A Recognized classes for atv events
1. For an ATV to eligible for the stock or production classes, the machine must be approved by the WPSA.

Section E
2. All engines used in sanctioned competition must be production-model ATV engines or single cylinder
production model ATV engines available for sale to the general public. The complete engine which a rider
has qualified may be changed, providing that it is replaced with an engine of the same make, model and
displacement. Repairs may be made or parts replaced as necessary during a meet.

Section F
14. For an ATV to be legal for the production class, the stock frame and ATV engine cases from the original
ATV manufacturer of that make and model must be used. Only bolt on components allowed.

This reads to me that if the KTM goes into production it's legal. Every article I've read on Farr so far (no pun intended) has stated that he is running a limited schedule. If you follow the production schedules of every other manufacturer, the first time the public sees a new model it's usually the production model, and production usually follows within 2 or 3 months. If KTM releases there quad in say June qualifying it for production status, there are still 7 or 8 rounds left in the series, hence Farr's "limited" schedule.

cbr
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
thanks for the input! this is going to be another awesome year for atvs! its only going to get better each year. now if we could only get rid of all the anti-atv riders(as in the people who are trying to outlaw quads/dirtbikes riding areas).

division4thor
03-23-2007, 11:39 PM
in the new atv insider it has interviews of all the pro racers and it tells you what there rideing and everything and in Tim Farrs interview it says that he signed a 1 year contract with KTM.....

cbr
03-24-2007, 08:12 AM
thats some great news! go timmy!

Yamahauler_04
03-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
According to the 2007 WPSA rule book
Chapter 11 ATV rules
Section A Recognized classes for atv events
1. For an ATV to eligible for the stock or production classes, the machine must be approved by the WPSA.

Section E
2. All engines used in sanctioned competition must be production-model ATV engines or single cylinder
production model ATV engines available for sale to the general public. The complete engine which a rider
has qualified may be changed, providing that it is replaced with an engine of the same make, model and
displacement. Repairs may be made or parts replaced as necessary during a meet.

Section F
14. For an ATV to be legal for the production class, the stock frame and ATV engine cases from the original
ATV manufacturer of that make and model must be used. Only bolt on components allowed.

This reads to me that if the KTM goes into production it's legal. Every article I've read on Farr so far (no pun intended) has stated that he is running a limited schedule. If you follow the production schedules of every other manufacturer, the first time the public sees a new model it's usually the production model, and production usually follows within 2 or 3 months. If KTM releases there quad in say June qualifying it for production status, there are still 7 or 8 rounds left in the series, hence Farr's "limited" schedule.

Excellent post. Thanks for the facts.

spanky101
03-24-2007, 12:01 PM
cant wait to see timmy on a ktm, i might have to make a trip down the the shop and see if i could get a sneak peak of the bike.

TWILES
03-24-2007, 12:36 PM
I'd anxious to see the KTM. Their bike's are really nice but priced on up there. I thought about geting the XC450 instead of my WR but in every write-up about the XC type produation bike's the Yamaha won and the KTM was 2nd. It was in 2005 and is now for 2007. Surely the 450 will out do the YFZ.

hsr
03-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Upperman is goin to be rippin on that Kawi...cant wait to see him in action on that thing.

Raptor350yamaha
03-31-2007, 08:07 AM
my atvsport magazine says he will be racing for KTM in the 2007 season.

GE4x4
04-01-2007, 06:07 AM
I think a KTM quad will be sweet, but what I think will hurt them a lot, will be there price and dealer network. Just in my state of NH we have at least 20+ dealers of every make and model through out the state, but we only have 2 KTM dealers in the whole state. It's hard to have a good following when you need to travel hrs just to find a dealer.:eek2:

bwamos
04-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I think a KTM quad will be sweet, but what I think will hurt them a lot, will be there price and dealer network. Just in my state of NH we have at least 20+ dealers of every make and model through out the state, but we only have 2 KTM dealers in the whole state. It's hard to have a good following when you need to travel hrs just to find a dealer.:eek2:

They will certianly sell less to the every day rider, but if they are catering to the racer, the market is there. A racer would easily travel 2hrs and pay a little more to get the quad that he or she beleives will take them to the finish line first.

Seano300ex
04-03-2007, 09:36 PM
yea i read in a mag that he will be with KTM this year, that would be awesome if ktm comes out with a 450

my88r
04-06-2007, 03:16 PM
that good that ktm is coming out with a quad they been testing it for awhile and ktm wont put it out intill the bugs are worked out. ktm always has good chocies when it comes to what pros they pick and tim is a good one. i think comeing out with a ktm 525 not the junk polaris and the 450.