PDA

View Full Version : another XCR ?

MEL
10-02-2002, 08:12 PM
has anyone had problems getting flats with these? i've gone through 3 this year, one side wall slice, sliced one accross the top, and one smaller hole on edge of side wall that i think i can fix. i've had good luck with other itp tires and was wondering if this is just bad luck on my part or something with XCR's?

cdalejef
10-02-2002, 09:09 PM
The only problem I've had is that they slide to easy on the Blaze. I like the side bite better on the XC's. I haven't had flat problems with either.

jb400exxx
10-03-2002, 01:25 PM
hey Jeff... what is a good axle carrier for a 2000 400 ex with a stock axle and swingarm? i broke mine yesterday.

cdalejef
10-03-2002, 01:52 PM
They are all pretty similar. Herrmann has the best price. Alloy Specialities has one you can grease with out pulling the carrier out but its pretty expensive.

Ex'r Marlin
10-03-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MEL
i've had good luck with other itp tires and was wondering if this is just bad luck on my part or something with XCR's? I have had good luck with the ITP's too! Even though I do not have problems with my XCR's... They seem to be a softer compound than the others I have.

Being on this Forum, I have heard of some riders complain about some factory defects...

Note: Just remember that these bad boys spin (rotate) more and slide more than the others... :macho Something to consider.

Good luck!

Leo
10-03-2002, 07:11 PM
my XCR's have been holding up great.. Put about 120 miles on them so far without a problem.. I managed to nail some rocks to (need to remember to pay attention LOL).. I should add that the rocks up here are mostly glacial (IE rounded, not jagged) so that may have some effect also..

I can say that those babies dig :D :D

Leo

TRFOXX
10-03-2002, 08:07 PM
I like my XCR's a lot 250 miles and no problem so far, starting to wear a little though.