PDA

View Full Version : Finnaly!!!!!!!!

450rdominator
03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Ok...so I just got my rossier pipe for my 06 450r in the mail today....is there anybody out there who has the same thing and they would like to give me any tips on putting it on...getting the best out of the pipe ecx...

d3ktrix
03-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Just make sure you replace the large copper washer that goes in the head before you clamp the new header to the engine.

Most people don't do it, nor know the copper washer even exists. So its not the end of the world if you don't replace it, but it should be done :P
Easier then taking the head pipe off again because of an air leak.

Rossier should of also given you instructions on how to cut the metal air filter cage right?

Have jets already?

450rdominator
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
ya i've got jets...but no they dont send the instructions to cut the air filer cage for an 06 450r....where can you get a copper washer???

d3ktrix
03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 450rdominator
ya i've got jets...but no they dont send the instructions to cut the air filer cage for an 06 450r....where can you get a copper washer???

Should be able to get the washer at any dealer/atv store.

450rdominator
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
oh..ok know how much about they are??

d3ktrix
03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Mine was like 3bux I think.

Rip off dealer :P

450rJam
03-02-2007, 04:17 AM
follow the directions, and dont tighten up until its all in place.
(you may need to rotate the mid pipe a little to make sure it clears the frame and everything)

use the high temp copper sealer at the joints so it dont leak and melt the plastic or "tick"

your going to love the way that thing sounds

IMSROLL450R
03-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
follow the directions, and dont tighten up until its all in place.
(you may need to rotate the mid pipe a little to make sure it clears the frame and everything)

use the high temp copper sealer at the joints so it dont leak and melt the plastic or "tick"

your going to love the way that thing sounds

I just ordered one I cant WAIT to hear it roar with the HRC kit.

450rJam
03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I havnt jetted mine yet, just fired it up and made a few laps around the yard. (joe @ rossier said the hrc jetting would be fine)

I think it may be a little lean, the pipe is glowing more than the hrc header but its been cold also.

Im getting the starter gear repaired so I can start it to jet it without pull starting it a million times.
let me know where you end up with your jetting.