PDA

View Full Version : I'm outta here ....

Pappy
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I have to head to Florida unexpectedly for a family member that is dying:(

So, while we are in Florida Cody and I will hit the GNCC and stay for the GNCC in Georgia the following weekend.

Ofcourse...seeing the 300 in this shape 6 hours before we leave is not what I wanted to see:p

WHITE SEAT
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Have fun on your trip!

Best of luck with your fam

700bRad
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Bye bye Pap's! Be safe on your trip, and let us know how the races went when you get back. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family as well.

mineralgrey01gt
03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
be careful man, and best of luck to you and your family

WhiteYFZ
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
pappy i wish your family luck

make sure to get some pics of the races!

Doober
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
have a safe trip pappy, best of luck to you and your family

Mxjunkie
03-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Have a safe trip Ken! hope everything turn's out ok for you as well :)

Pappy
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
i thank everyone for the support. she is in her 90's and has led a good healthy life, i dont think she will have many regrets if she passes.

its almost 2 am, we got codys 300 wired up and pretty much ready to roll. i will button her up at the track. he feels bad because he hasnt riden much in the last month or so due to the weather, but a break away from home, school etc should do him and i some good:p

fastrider450r
03-02-2007, 05:18 AM
good luck and have fun in fl cody...

sorry to hear about your family member pappy...

03-02-2007, 05:19 AM
good luck with everything...i hope you make it in time to say your last goodbyes with your great grandmother. my great grandmother passed last august, one week before her 101st birthday. she was ready, had been ready for a few years. as much as we all loved her, it wasn't a tear filled day like we thought, especially since it was "sudden".

good luck to cody too

firefighterjosh
03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Hope everything works out for you and your family....Have fun at the races it should be alot better weather then what I will be racing in:scary:

250R-Dee
03-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Pappy - sorry to hear about your family member!
Cody - Good luck!!

NPelletier
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
good luck man:(

400EXTRA
03-04-2007, 11:42 AM
sorry about family have fun

dan harris
03-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Kick Some Butt Cody!!! .............At the race - not the family's place - you knuckle head !!!

Pappy
03-06-2007, 02:09 AM
4 am, 20 hour return trip:p

cody did what he set out to do, finish the race. he hadnt been on a quad in almost 2 months so he did just fine. a new mini was ordered on the way home, see everyone on the line in Georgia:devil:

i never was able to go in and see my Nana:( I still have to stay clear of hospitals, and they moved her into ICU Monday morning and they dont think she will be coming out, i just wish she would pass quietly, no need for suffering etc.

Cody said thanks Dan, he will be charging hard come the next round, he wants on the podium.

Johnny & Monica
03-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Tell Cody good job on completing the race. It's not always about winning, sometimes it's just about not letting yourself get defeated. What did he think about all that sand?

New mini quad? Is he going back to racing the youth race? Heading back to Georgia this week?

dan harris
03-06-2007, 06:01 AM
Sorry about your nana!

.......Hope Cody enjoyed racing in Sunny floriday - while we all been dealing with this crazy *** PA weather ???

- good luck in Georgia - Have a blast and bring us back some of that southern warm weather will ya.

Pappy
03-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Tell Cody good job on completing the race. It's not always about winning, sometimes it's just about not letting yourself get defeated. What did he think about all that sand?

New mini quad? Is he going back to racing the youth race? Heading back to Georgia this week?

yep, with not even planning on running many Nats this year, and less then 24 hours notice, we figured if we were going to be there he could atleast ride the event and get expeirence.

After the race, we got to talking about the Georgia round and how he felt he would be in trouble if he were to get stuck.(when he lifts the quad, the grab bar will almost hit his chin before the tires come off the ground...lol) He also expressed his desire to race but felt it best that he spends atleast 1 more season aboard a mini for the Nats.

So, some calls were made and a DRR LTD will be arriving today or tomorrow in time for us to prep it and head back to GA.