PDA

View Full Version : HELPPPP!!!!!!!! need help with my 300

tomcopp1
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
ok so about two weeks ago im riding my 300 ex and everything is fine then about a week ago i go out to ride it and it wont spin the starter motor all i hear is a hard clicking noise coming from that selinoid connecting to the battery. what is goin on with my bike

o and the battery is fully charged

atvrider77
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
im not sure, but u mite wanna check ur starter n make sure its good, just take sum jumper cables n hook em 2 a battery n a starter, if the starter makes a clicky noise, u need 2 get ur startr worked on(or buy a new one), if it works just fine, then i have no idea...

born2ride14
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
ya just try chargin it

lkjhgfdsa
03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
i had the same thing happen to my 300ex . you can put in gear and rock it back in forth or take a hammer and tap on the starter . taping with the hammer seems to work fine .

crazyandstupid
03-02-2007, 07:33 AM
ive had the same thing happen b4 and sometimes its a blown fuse and sometimes its not

tomcopp1
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
i have tryed to hook up a battery charger to the actual battery so it would deff have enough juice and like it still does the click thing eveyonce and a while thou it will trun then stop and if i were to hook it up to the starter which cable would go where

TWILES
03-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Your silenoid is probably bad. Older Chevy trucks did the same thing. It was either the starter or silenoid every time. If you can tap on the starter with something hard like a wrench and get it to turn over, its the starter. If its the silenoid, use and INSULATED screwdriver and bridge the post together. That should get it to turn over with out hitting the button as long as the key is on. The 300 4x4 and 2x4 and the older Yamaha's would do the same thing. Check the connectors first and see if they are lose. That might be all it is.

300ex_#387
03-03-2007, 07:03 AM
It is either your battery needs recharged or replaced, or you have a bad connection. Clean off all of your terminals and reconnect them and make sure there isnt a short anywhere. If it was a blown fuse the solenoid usually won't make any noise at all. I doubt your solenoid is bad.

Exrider434
03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
same thing happened with me....once it was the brushes in the starter, then another time it was the solenoid, and now it seems like its the wire that goes down by the rear brake pedal, the neutral/reverse switch......