PDA

View Full Version : cr500 hybrid

madeincanada123
03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
wouldnt a quad with a honda cr500 engine in it be sick? i think it would haul and be really nice. anyone ever done this?

Slinky
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by madeincanada123
wouldnt a quad with a honda cr500 engine in it be sick? i think it would haul and be really nice. anyone ever done this? its been done, but without a counter balancer the motor vibrates like crazy and cracks motor mounts and frames

cbr
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
i seen one in person, and the dude dumped like 20grand into this thing and all he did was ride trails. it was one of the nicest quads ive ever seen. he had custom axis shocks, laeger rolling chassis, rpm axle-pretty much everything was aftermarket. i wish i made about twice as much money as i do now!

matt250r21
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I have always dreamed of the 500R, but I ride MX and a 500 would be too much. It sure would be bad *** if you had one of the Laegers frames made for the 500 motor with the running gear set up for MX. I think the stock R frames are too weak to handle the 500's power.

Flo-Bear
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Well boys I have a cr500 hybrid I bought for a song and it does need work but it is rideable right now. Here is my 2 cents. Yes this thing is faster than anything else I have ever seen. It has so much bottom end that traction is a impossible dream. Gearing right now is so tall that first and second is just about all you need, unless you got a long straight away. Vibration is ungodly, I mean 15 min. is all you want in its present condition. You would have to sink alot of time and money into isolating as much vibration as you could to make it rideable for long periods of time. Also, kicking it off is a nightmare. But, my thought is anything is possible and if someone thought it through carefully and didn't mind spenting some money he would end up with a hybrid that could destory just about anything around without even modding the motor.