PDA

View Full Version : Missouri harescramble series question

smr
03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
My family and I are going out west to ride the dunes in april. I realized that I will be coming through Missouri on the 1st and thought I might stop and race with you guys.

I ran one race last year and had a ball, but I got some questions.

Do they allways run youth classes?

Is there an age limit for the 1234 class?

I would love to stop and race and I will most likely do it if the kids can race also.

My 8 year rides an xtreme 90 and my 13 year old rides a 300ex.

Thanks

smr
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I nobody knows then does anybody have a # I can call to get answers. I hate to drive that far out of the way and find out we can't race.

Johnny & Monica
03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
No age limit on 234 class. Youth races only at selected events.

You said you were coming thru on the first but the atv races are on Saturdays so that race would be March 31

www.mhscracing.com

smr
03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the response.

You are correct. I will be leaving Ky on the 30th driving straight to Missouri.

My kids will be racing some GNCC's later this year and I would like to get them in on some practice.

I couldn't find any info on youth races on the web page. Will they post if they are gonna run youth?

yfz450xc
03-02-2007, 06:40 PM
SMR, check the Iowa site for your youth races, it may be a little drive but well worth it, as Johnny said MHSC is only selected youth races and you cant beat Iowa youth races hands down.
Also southern Ill has some youth races you can look at district 17 for info there. As you have seen the GNCC series has really stepped it up for youth including the 70cc class which MHSC does not have by itself.
GNCC
8 am YOUTH RACE One Hour Race
90 Modified (11-15) 71-90cc 2-Stroke;
125cc max 4-Stroke Production Rules
90 Modified (8-10) " Production Rules
90 Limited (11-15) " ; No manual clutch Limited Modifications
90 Limited (8-10) " ; No manual clutch Limited Modifications
70 CVT (6-11) 51-70cc CVT only

Iowa
Youth:
50cc stock White 1 30 min.
50cc Production Yellow 1 30 min.
70cc Production Black 2 45 min.
90cc Stock White 2 45 min.
90cc Production Red 2 45 min.

MHSC
( This is what is posted from " Last year" but
not the same for this year)
Pee Wee Classes
M/C and ATV
Pee Wee B-class 50cc or larger, Advanced Rider
Pee Wee C-class 50CC or larger, Beginner Rider
50cc Auto - Advanced up to 50cc Automatic, Advanced Rider
50cc Auto - Beginner up to 50cc Automatic, Beginner Rider

The best I can recall is for this year is :
50cc-70cc for 30 minutes. hope he is on a 70 and not a 50 :huh
71cc- 80cc for 45 minutes
and
81cc-125 cc :huh for 45 minutes
All at " selected events" and some of the events you will be running ATV's side by side with the bikes, which they are not AMA so it is not illegal , but illegal by AMA standards to run bikes and ATV's on the same course.

geogeorge
03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes there are PeeWee races at the race on the 31st. Your old kid can race the 234 class.

If you click on the directions link in the MHSC site they will tell you there if they have a PeeWee race or not.

I don't belive MHSC runs PeeWee bike and ATV side by side. ATV on Sat and Bikes Sun.

Hope this helps

yfz450xc
03-04-2007, 08:58 AM
SMR there will be a couple races that you will run side by side w/ bikes if they dont change it this year.

Last year my boy ran side by side with bikes in both the races , there were no major problems at either one except that when the ATV"S came around to pass the bikes they had a hard time trying to get around, 1 ; being in expierince on behalf of the bike rider and 2; the bike stays in thier line and has no place to go.
This was tried to explain this year but , well you know !!!

westphalia mo race
march of dimes race

The rest of the races will " Probably" try to split them up, but some promoters dont care about how pee wee races are run and they will put them with bikes, why because they are a bike promoters and it saves time for them.

The courses are top notch however for the most part but with the diffrent CC size alowed with each other there might be some conflict. ie the 50 and 70 cc class together. Would it be fair for my boy to run his 70 against his friends on 50's, no ,that is why we wont be running.

Johnny & Monica
03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
There's always controversy at the MHSC but Kahoka(MIKE BURKHART) always puts on a great race for the atvs including the kids.

yfz450xc
03-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Speaking of controversy, wow he is a card no doubt about it and he does promote ATV's and Bikes " Equally".
I wish all the promoters would be like that rather than take the young riders for granted and not meet thier needs.

smr
03-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Looks like we will try to make this one.