PDA

View Full Version : Quad Title

WheelieMan4
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm probably selling my quad this weekend...and what I was wondering is there a title like on a car? Or is it something different? What all do I need to give to the person? Thank you...

Quadfather
03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
It should have a title, or a certificate of origin. I thought that it was federally mandated that any quad bought after July of '01 (through a dealership) had to have a title.

If you purchased the quad before then, it most likely has a certificate of origin.

I'm sure that the person buying it will want proof that you own the quad free and clear.

If you still owe money on it, you will have to setup a payoff on it before the lender will issue, or release, the title to you..

WheelieMan4
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Was bought in 05 and is all payed off...I guess I will have to look around for a title then...

Does it look like a regular car title? lol, my step-dad doesnt remember what it looked like or anything...

400EXTRA
03-01-2007, 02:45 PM
WHAT YOU GANNA BUY NEXT?

WheelieMan4
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
450r :D :D

Quadfather
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
You should have received a title for it within a few weeks of making the last payment. If you still have the contact info for your lender, I would call them and make sure that they did in fact mail your title to you.

WheelieMan4
03-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Well its been payed off for a while now because my parents re-financed...and so the payments through Honda is payed off...but we havent recieved a title...

Also, the guy that is buying it told me that the bank said that they need my Vin # and DNR Registration before he can get the loan...why do they need that?

Thanks..

CRich[814]
03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
just tell the guy the vin is clean and you dont have a title if you dont have one. write him a bill of sale. and take pics of the 450r when you get it.

deathman53
03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
you should have gotten one, a MSO atleast. Contact the dealer you got it from, maybe they can help you out with it. You still got the bill of sale for the bike from the dealer, maybe that could take place of the mso to get a title??? It will look pretty suspecious if you sell it w/o a mso or title, expecailly if you are the original owner. Most wouldn't buy a newer bike w/o a mso or title. Yes, I have bikes w/o msos or titles, but they are nearing 20 yr old and the mso is long lost and proabably never titled. My dirtbikes and one of my atc250r frames have a title. I would think really hard about buying a late 90's and newer bike w/o a title or mso.

bwamos
03-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by WheelieMan4
Well its been payed off for a while now because my parents re-financed...and so the payments through Honda is payed off...but we havent recieved a title...

The title would have been transtered over to the new financing company. If that loan has not been paid off you need to get a written payoff quote from them as it will be required for them to transfer the title from that finance company to the guy buying the quad, or his fininace company.

450ERRRRRR!
03-02-2007, 07:58 AM
They want the VIN number to check if it's stolen. If you have lost the title then you can apply for a lost title from your State License office. It will take a few weeks to get. If your dealer realy wants to sell you a new 450R then he should be more than happy to help you get the lost paper work. Next time........Do like a lot of us do and keep all the imporant paper work in a safe place like one of these fire proof safes that you can get at k-mart or wal-mart.
Good luck and be carefull on that 450R, They can bite back!