PDA

View Full Version : PJ1 paint????

IMSROLL450R
03-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Has anyone painted anything on their bike themselves and more importantly was it successful????????? Is PJ1 pretty good paint?

gotwarrior
03-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I painted my whole frame, because I am to cheap to get it PC.. I didn't use frame paint.. Its this stuff called Van Sickle.. It is a really heavy duty farm paint.. (REALLY THICK) It holds up pretty good.. just remember before you paint anything to make sure that you scuff it up a little..

northwest Texas
03-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I hope the Van Sickle stuff lasts for you. My experience wasn't good last time I used it, but that was over 10 years ago.

gotwarrior
03-01-2007, 08:55 AM
It has held up great so far.. You just have to make sure you do it correctly to make it stay.. but the good thing about it is it gets beat up you are able to just bust out the can and do a little touch up on it...

Its unreal how thick this stuff is.. when you try it you will figure it out right away about how much of a difference it is from any other spray paint..

northwest Texas
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't remember it being that thick but I know it's been over 10 years ago, maybe 15. I just remember not being impressed by it's long term ability by resisting fading. Of course, this was on an implement bar that sets outdoors.

Did you mix reducer/thinner when you painted it or did you use a brush?

IMSROLL450R
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I have never heard of Van Sickle where did you get somethin like that????? I thought about using International tractor paint its the same as Hondas red.......

gotwarrior
03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Van Sickle is the same thing.. Just go to a Tractor Supply or orscheln's... And you can get a international red in a spray can.. or if you have access to gun its way better to shoot it..