PDA

View Full Version : slip on vs. full exhaust

hammerme1
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
just bought a ltr450 and wanted to know how much power differance there is between a slip on vs. a full exhaust system?

05Z400rdr
02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
i dont have proof from dynos or anything, but what i've been hearing is that having the full system gains like only 1hp over a slip on...

Landon

GPracer2500
02-28-2007, 08:03 PM
According to the evidence I've seen, the stock header AND silencer on the LT-R450 are excellent (when uncorked). Some full aftermarket systems are actually worse than the stock system ALL ACROSS THE BOARD (or everywhere but some limited RPM band).

Maybe the systems will get better as companies have more time for R&D?? Or maybe ATV Rider magazine is full of poo?? I think the most likely answer is that Suzuki GOT IT RIGHT when they designed the exhaust for the LT-R.

Some systems might gain you a tiny bit here or there but most will also loose some somewhere as well. Some lost LOTS everywhere to the stock system. Only two of the systems tested beat the stock parts everywhere. At least that's what ATV Rider Mag published.

I'd put my money elsewere if it where me. Pull the airbox lid, remove the exhaust baffle, and install the Cherry Bomb plug-in. The stock exhaust flat-out works. If you want a different sound or look then get a slip-on.

[note: this graph is speed over time, not HP over RPM]
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1074/100061001z2006suzukiltrwj8.jpg

just $0.02

firefighterjosh
02-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Good post^^^

From what I have heard if you only want to buy a slipon then don't do it. Instead..install a CB take the lid off and removed the baffle out of the stock exhaulst.

If you go with a full system you gain a little more not much.

My buddie has a FMF full system on his and I am not all that impressed. It does have a little more tourq but not enought to waste $500 or more dollars