PDA

View Full Version : Ford AAA Auto Skills...

miller821
02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Anyone else enrolled in High School take this test? It's a trouble shooting test that Ford puts on every year, were 10 students (from select schools I guess) get to compete answering 50 online questions. Then if you do good and whatever, you move to the hands on portion; and have the chance at winning some really good prizes.

But anyways, we've been studying all week for ours today; and man was it pretty cool. It covers: Wheel, Tire and Brake; Steering and Suspension; Electrical and Fuel Systems; Engine; & Drive Train.

Had a lot of Technician A says this, and Tech. B says this; & you say who's right. But I was just wondering, cause that it was pretty fun; and even though I don't think I did to well, should get me ready for next year.

Heres a few questions to show you what it was like. (These are easy, couldn't really remember any others.)

Not worded right, but you should get the idea:
A car is traveling down the road, and pulls to the right. When applying the brakes, the car then pulls to the left. What is the most likely reason for this?
A) Seized left front piston
B) Seized right front piston
C) Rear left brake over adjusted
D) None of the above

Another easy one:
All of these could cause tire wear if not within manufacturer’s specs EXCEPT:
A) Caster
B) Wheel balance
C) Toe-in
D) Camber

If the left front wheel had negative caster, the car would:
A) Wear the inner edge of the tire
B) Pull to the left
C) Pull to the right
D) Not handle well

CRich[814]
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
never heard of it before. i took a survery on what we think about afirmative action today though haha.

1fst400
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
B,A,B?

88blaster
02-28-2007, 07:17 PM
A, A, B:confused: fairly sure on the first two

Blue250X
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I hate technician A technician B questions, get you every time! haha Plus it means looking up twice the information.

miller821
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
1fst400 Got em all right.

88blaster you missed the first one. This one had me confused cause I thought "seized" could mean a few things. (I.E. Seized on the rotors. Or seized up to were it won't touch the rotors.) So I figured it had to be the right one seized to the caliper a little bit, that would cause the drift when going straight, and when the brakes are applied the left one would engage further than the right one. Causing it to pull to the left.