PDA

View Full Version : Klotz or Sunoco fuels at the MHSC???

markk
02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Over the past few days i have been calling MHSC tracks and asking the land owners about vending fuel at the tracks.

But before i go out and buy a large amount of 110 Klotz or 110 Sunoco i was wanting to see what alot of you riders thought.

If i could get Klotz or Sunoco and sell it at a reasonable prices how many of you would be willing to purchase the products?

And if you know anyone who rides bikes on sundays, what would be demand be for us to stay the night and sell to them the next day.

If you would let me know your thoughts! and which fuel brand would you riders prefer? (klotz or sunoco)

thanks alot
mark knox

markk
03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
lol feel free to post your thoughts!

geogeorge
03-02-2007, 08:11 PM
This might sound dumb but what is the differnts other then the name?

300racer
03-02-2007, 08:39 PM
i think that the sonoco would be cheaper than the koltz that is really the only diff that i know of! both are really good fuels. we just wanted to know if any one would perchase the fuel if we started selling it at all the mhsc events. and if so which kind would you rather us sell sonoco or klotz.

markk
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
At dealer cost i can buy the sunoco fuel almost 2 dollars cheaper a gallon than i can klotz in bulk. Klotz at GNCCs is 57 dollars for 5 gal. we would be able to sell either fuel alot cheaper than that. But you would have to provide your own fuel container for us to fill.

Sunoco is the offical race fuel of NASCAR for the last couple of years, They are both really great products and i have ran both in my old 416/426ex and my GT thunder 490 motors. And i dont notice a diffrece in either fuel besides names and color of fuel. They both seem to work great for any atv/dirtbike i have ever ran them in. I feel that they are the two best brands of race fuel on the market, thats why those are the two companys that i have contacted for dealer priceing.

The higher octain fuel burns longer threwout the piston stroke which seems to increase your HP. And since it doesnt burn as fast at a lower octain fuel it helps prevent spark knock in high compression motors. It also burns cooler than a lower octain fuel, where for keeping the motor cooler,which inturn u dont loose near as many HP when the motor to get up to full operating temp.

Like racer300 said Im not askin for anyone to buy the fuel, But i was wanting to know if there was an interest in having the fuel at the tracks?

I thought about this, because around our area we have to drive around one hour to purchase race fuel. There is no one in our area anymore the sell race fuel besides privateer dirt track racers. (modified/late model race cars)

Please let me know that you think

m.h.s.c.#527
03-03-2007, 06:32 AM
it would be alot easier on people with hi comp. pistons instead of hunting it down on their way or where they live

old-XC-guy
03-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I buy Sunoco for $ 4.80 a Gal.. It is the off season so price will go up. Everything to choose from in my area , from Turbo blue , VP ,Sunoco , Klotz range from $4.80 to $8.00 ... I would say you would be able to sell it , But you have to make sure your there with it every race..People will count on you to have it. Have a race car as well , so buy a very high amount .. Most stay at the 110 level but VP goes higher , I would say thay all perform well as I have tried them. Smell and color is what your going to see different.

markk
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I cant even buy sunoco for 4.80 a gal. at wholesale.

dealer cost on klotz is well over 7 dollars a gal!

we would be able to sell sunoco for around 8 dollars.

If you guys would like it let me know and i will get ahold of the land owners and see how many race tracks we will be able to sell the fuel at. The race at St. Joe state we CAN NOT sell fuel at.

Please just let me know it gets closer and closer each day.

markk
03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
There are ten tracks that we will possibly be able to sell fuel at.
The ones with the big OK beside them are the tracks that they said we will be able to vend fuel at.

We are still trying to get ahold of all the land owners, We have 3 tracks that said no problem and 2 tracks that will know somthing by the middle of this week, and im still trying to contact the other land owners.

PATTE440
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
mark sunoco is what i have used. i still have some in a drum from 2005 since i didnt ride or race 2006 and my 450r runs fine as did the 440 on it. i did put stabill to help keep it fresh. i found another supplier for gas but i dont know what brand it is. knapp oil carries it and then deliver *** loads of oil to NOTS in nashville. NOTS is owned by the guy that owns the napa store. so i gonna get with my bro that is managing the nashville store and see if i can by it through them any cheaper then straight to knapp.

gnccracer450
03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
sounds good kev! u gona get that sweet 450r out this year and come run a couple with us??? You could even bring the ol lady. j/k megan! I heard kyle had the Z440 back togeather again!

old-XC-guy
03-05-2007, 06:42 AM
I would guess the reason why I can buy it cheaper is becouse they buy in such high amounts...Kinda like Walmart, LOL....