PDA

View Full Version : HRC Kit worth the money??

wimpy76
02-28-2007, 02:18 PM
I have 2006 450er and wanted to know if the HRC Kit was the best bang for your buck or maybe some other suggestions.I would like to keep the honda reliability but, need more power for the big sand hills. Most of my riding is the dunes here in Utah and Idaho.

Thanks,Bill

hendershot106
02-28-2007, 02:34 PM
you should check out old threads in this forum for topics on that -- its already been covered and debated---
you should just buy a full system,, look for info on the green wire mod---- buy a boyesen quick shot a uni filter and a aftermarket cam-- or maybe look for hrc cams cheap on ebay-- i just sold mine for $75---------and open up your air box lid===

you will have to work on it anyway-----if you ride hard all year long===

lumi
02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
hrc kit worth every single penny..best bang for the buckl. u will love it.. if u need more power some porting and maybe a more agressive cam for ur style will do it

jmo

-lumi

ratso
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
By far a great deal. I paid $300 for mine from local dealer. That is about what a slip on would cost!

Coolidge
03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Agreed. It would be the 1st upgrade I would get. Makes a huge diff at the dunes!!!

IMSROLL450R
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I wouldnt have done it any other way. With a pipe on it after the HRC I am well satisfied.

2006black450
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
I bought an hrc kit and was very disapointed i sold it and bought a stage 2 hotcam and had the head ported and polished. i ride the same places you do and an much happyer with the new setup

QuadJunkies
03-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by wimpy76
I have 2006 450er and wanted to know if the HRC Kit was the best bang for your buck or maybe some other suggestions.I would like to keep the honda reliability but, need more power for the big sand hills. Most of my riding is the dunes here in Utah and Idaho.

Thanks,Bill
Yes.. its worth every dime and unless you get motor work ,you gain VERY small amt of power off of a Full System. I was told this by Yoshimura direct.
If you want to stay within your warrenty without hassles then the HRC is the best way to go as well as a good pipe.
We are happy with ours but ......of course always looking for more power... :D