PDA

View Full Version : GNCC TV Coverage!

CPW
10-02-2002, 04:31 PM
GNCC enthusiasts what are your thoughts on this years TV coverage as compared to last years?

Seals Comunication is doing it this year, and Fox Sports Net did it last year.

Who has done a better Job?

BadA$$440
10-02-2002, 05:39 PM
I thouht OLN was doing it? I like how they got the helmet cams. They should put a helmet cam on some of the pro riders. Its got good coverage i think. I never saw last years. Whens the next showing? i think its like 10/20 i think.

TRXR29
10-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Well lets see...

Last year we had an hour of good coverage. It was on Fox sports, and with satilite I got 10+ channels, so I could watch it over and over.

This year we have half hour of good coverage on one channel, but we have to put up with Scott Summer's "insight." Sure, he's a great motorcycle rider, but he doesn't know anything about quads.

So, last year was definately better, but atleast we have coverage. I can't complain.

MEL
10-02-2002, 06:03 PM
i thought last years coverage was better. the hour long show allowed more time for the racing and fox had more cameras out on the track, showed more/different lines on the course. don't want to complain, at least we still have some coverage.

kc 300EX
10-02-2002, 06:08 PM
did anyone see in dirtwheels theres gonna be a new ATV show on TNN, saturday Oct 12, i think at 9:30am

NJ300ex
10-02-2002, 06:43 PM
I also think last years was better. I have seen all of last years and and about 6 of this years. I liked last years better because they had somewhat better announcing, had more video of the racers in the woods with the guy following them on the bike, and it was an hour long.The main thing I liked though was that it was on cable and more people have cable than sattelite.

The things I didn't like about last years was that they had those dumb interviews in the middle of the race. They were nice to see , but not in the middle of the race. I also didn't like the time frame it was played in. By me it played at the wierdest hours so I had to tape the shows to see it. It was also during the week which was bad. I don't think they had reruns either. I also wish they would show more pictures of the pro's bikes and pits to introduce the race. They also had dumb jokes and stuff by the announcers. One thing that comes to mind is the half preganant joke they said one day after Jeff Segott said something about going off the track.(What happened to him he was fast?)

I really hated all those repetive commercials. That is so annoying. They only had 3 different commercials during the breaks.

The things I like about this years coverage is that it is played at better hours and they have reruns. That is pretty much all I like better.

The things I didn't like on it is that it was too short. They didn't show as many parts of the track. They need to show what the track is like more before the race also.They need to follow the racers more. They shouldn't just have camera's at turns. I didn't like that it was only on satellite in most area's. I had to have my grandma tape them for me to see them. I didn't like how they had those dumb sections where they would show the Z400 and stuff and say how it was so great because Suzuki is sponsoring the show. I really hated the announcing and corny jokes and stuff. They need seperate announcers for quads and dirt bikes.

That is all I can think off right now. I may think of something later though.

HEY JOHNNY G! All I have to say is fish dish. I thought that was funny how everyone said they grilled steaks and then you talk about how to make some fish dish. Good times, good times....

NJ300ex
10-02-2002, 06:45 PM
I just remebered something else. I never saw any advertisements on the channel saying when the show was going to play before it was played. If they did this you would have gotten many more viewers that didn't neccesarily ride or race ATV's. I understand this costs money but it would help alot.

cjpoole1
10-02-2002, 08:52 PM
I like the show better this year except it needs to be one hour long and they should show more riders than the pro and pro production and show the results of the other classes too. Give the "little guy" some air time!

cdalejef
10-02-2002, 09:27 PM
I agree with CJ, They should show that anyone with an ATV can go out and race and have a ball. They make it seem like you have to be a pro to race.

BS300ex5
10-02-2002, 09:46 PM
sorry it's off the subject but jeff check your pm's

popo
10-02-2002, 11:48 PM
I agree also with Jeff, I timed it. 13 minutes of racing and the rest commericals. Even a frickng tampon commercial. yuk!

Extremeracer167
10-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Like i posted on the Scene, even SAIL BOAT racing gets more coverage than we do!! COmon atleast do something interesting!!! I guess to some ppl it may be more interesting then watching ATVs play in the dirt, but prob. not that many

DarkStarRacing
10-04-2002, 01:01 PM
at least quads are on tv more than the previous years, i think people intrests in quad racing is rapidly increasing and hopefully will become as popular as dirtbikes :p

Team Outlaw #34
10-04-2002, 01:05 PM
i wish that i could watch it on tv.....I don't think that we have the channels.......What channel would it be on....i have Dish network.....if anyone has dish and knows the channels please tell me! thank you

Razorback
10-04-2002, 01:33 PM
channel 151 on dish network, i do believe.

apparently, i'm one of the few, if not the only one, that likes this year's coverage better than last years. the thing i didn't like about last year's coverage is that it was only on every other week, and even with the hour long show, the coverage and video wasn't as good. this year, even though it is a shorter show, the actual video seems to be better (like they are getting shots from more and better locations), and it seems like they're somehow capturing the speed of the machines a little better. i mean it actually looks like they are going really fast at times, whereas last year, most of the time it seemed much slower, and somewhat boring. jmo...

10-05-2002, 11:07 PM
when where and what time are these shows on on direct tv

Team Outlaw #34
10-06-2002, 09:02 AM
hey razorback.....thanks for the info....but do you know when it starts and what time?

thanks

Razorback
10-06-2002, 05:12 PM
i forget for sure, but the races are first shown on sunday afternoons about 4:00 or 4:30 central time and then re-shown on thursdays about 6:00 central time. they switch the order, like on sunday's the bikes are shown the first half hour then the quads, then vice versa on thursday. i may be mixed up on which is which, but they do swap the order between sunday and thursday. they are in a break right now, just showing re-runs, then the remainder of the schedule starts again on 10/20.

Team Outlaw #34
10-06-2002, 06:02 PM
thanks!

jja125
10-07-2002, 12:52 PM
i don't know if its just me or what - but when i finally did remember it was on one thursday night i sat down to watch it (the one on OL network) and all they showed was bikes and it was only 1/2 hour long - it was from whatever gncc was right before the high point gncc. is there a different show that you guys are watching?

Razorback
10-07-2002, 01:00 PM
the quads are shown in a separate 30 minute show, either before or after the bike show, depending on if it's on thursday or sunday. you may have just missed the quads.