PDA

View Full Version : 400ex electrical question

bagged92sdime
02-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Ok, so i found a carbon fiber hood for my bike recently. Well, this means i needed new headlights. I ordered a set of handlebar clamp Trailtech 35w torch lites last night. When i get them, I plan on wiring them so that when I hae my Hi-Beams on, both lights will be on, thus drawing 70watts. My question is will the stock stator handle it or will I need to purchase an upgraded stator? My electrical is all stock except for my tail light which is a small bilet bar with some LED's in it. Any help is greatly appreciated as i plan on getting this all done in 3 weeks before i go to the dunes. ^_^

speedphreake
02-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I'd like to know this too. I am planning on doing the same thing.

JOEX
02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
My understanding is in stock form the 400ex stator is nearly maxed out. Running aftermarket lights at the same time with the stock lights will eventually burn up the stator.

With the trail techs on you wont even notice the stock lights anyway so there's no point IMO. I had mine wired so low beam was stock lights and high beam was aftermarket lights.

bagged92sdime
02-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
My understanding is in stock form the 400ex stator is nearly maxed out. Running aftermarket lights at the same time with the stock lights will eventually burn up the stator.

With the trail techs on you wont even notice the stock lights anyway so there's no point IMO. I had mine wired so low beam was stock lights and high beam was aftermarket lights.

no..i said im gonna run a carbon fiber hood...so im removing the stock lights...

JOEX
02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by bagged92sdime
no..i said im gonna run a carbon fiber hood...so im removing the stock lights...
Sorry... misunderstood:(

You'll be fine with the two trail techs:)

bagged92sdime
02-28-2007, 09:56 PM
cool...:) thanx...

flamed360
03-02-2007, 07:22 AM
^^^Nothin like railin..i got a bagged/bd'd kota

bagged92sdime
03-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by flamed360
^^^Nothin like railin..i got a bagged/bd'd kota

awesome..lol..u should post some pics...i have a 92 s10 thas bagged and shaved..not bd'd yet... :( sadly...lol