PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder

huffranger4x4
02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
im sending my elka shocks to gt thunder for service and possible revalve....

i also saw where they have the shock analization of aftermarket shocks that they do for 150$....

has anyone had this done??? or would i be happy with just getting them serviced and revalved for my weight, aarms swingarms, riding style??

bradley300
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
they wont revalve the shocks until they havea fax from elka saying its ok. here is how it works. they service your shocks, take all the measurements they need and give tell you what needs done. (i think you get a paper) you call elka and tell them you want gt thunder to re-valve the shocks and then IF elka agrees, they fax a permision slip to gthunder, then he re-valves them how he thinks they need to be for you and sends them back

huffranger4x4
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
why would elka not want them to revalve MY shocks???

bradley300
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
becasue gt thunder is going to make them so much better that elka will look bad,lol

its part that and part that he gets entierly swamped with shocks and does it to slow down the incoming stuff i think

huffranger4x4
02-28-2007, 09:46 AM
so is it a pain to get elka to let them do it or more or less tell them i WANT them to do it..... and how long is this process i want to be able to ride in a month...

bradley300
02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
couldnt tell you honestly, i just read the procedure on another site. i do remeber elka being a little pissy about everyone else that was re doing thier shocks

400exrider707
02-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Send a PM to A A R O N and ask him about it. He works for Laz at GT and he has been very helpful for me.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-28-2007, 12:36 PM
In my opinion you own the shock you can do what you want with them

cmpearce
02-28-2007, 04:28 PM
ask laz if they will revalve your shocks.he is the one who can tell you if he can or not.they are your shocks.get them revalved , gt thunder is one of the best

ChrisSekerak
03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Not sure where you get your info from...my buddy JUST had his Elka's redone and the company didnt have to call Elka to get permission....after you purchase something it's yours not theirs.....that's like saying ok well I bought a Dell computer...but to upgrade it I need to get their permission??!!!

MO-EX-RIDER
03-01-2007, 06:22 PM
C&D serviced mine and revalved/resprung + bought parts direct from elka and i dont think he needed permission?? price and the turn around wasnt bad at all;)

speedphreake
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Anyone know what the turn around time is for GT? At some point I'm gonna send all 3 shocks to them and am curious how much down time I will have.

sparky76
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
i just got my front elkas back from laz/gt thunder and they were night and day difference. couldn't be happier.

bradley300
03-02-2007, 06:02 AM
well, he posted that on QZ a few months ago, but i just looked for it and it looks like it was deleted, geuss he changed his mind, sorry for the confusion!

redrunner
03-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Confuser!!:D

:blah:

woodsman250r
03-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Because Elka does a horrid job of valving and setting up their shocks for their customers. They spend tons of money on sponsorships and advertising then release a crappy product. Then when someone who does quality work like GT Thunder reworks them it makes Elka look bad. In response Elka decides to seek legal action about it. End result is that Elka still makes junk shocks that they want everyone to think is a good shock. You know they suck when John Natalie takes his top of the line Trac system shocks to Laz and says he can't win on them they way they were setup from Elka.

Ginxd00
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Because Elka does a horrid job of valving and setting up their shocks for their customers. They spend tons of money on sponsorships and advertising then release a crappy product. Then when someone who does quality work like GT Thunder reworks them it makes Elka look bad. In response Elka decides to seek legal action about it. End result is that Elka still makes junk shocks that they want everyone to think is a good shock. You know they suck when John Natalie takes his top of the line Trac system shocks to Laz and says he can't win on them they way they were setup from Elka.

Preach it brother, can he get a witness from the congregation!!!!!!