PDA

View Full Version : Faster Z400

Z400champion
02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi, eariler this year i purchased a 2007 Suzuki Quadsport Z400. I have already put a White brother R4 slip on pipe, Stage 2 Jet kit, KN ait filter, Full pro armor Skid plates, Itp Holeshot XC tires, Durablue Axle, and a DG bumper. the outside of my quad is built up enough for the racing that i do. How can i make it go faster without spending too much money?

underpowered
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
suspension. a good suspension set up will make you faster than anything else you can do to your motor. all the power in the world is useless unless you can effectively get it to the ground. a good set of schocks and maybe and some a-arms will make your quad handle and hook up better, which will make you much faster.

Tater049
02-28-2007, 01:47 PM
he said without spending too much money, you can get an athena big bore piston for around 145 bucks. And some big bore gaskets for 72 bucks. You will see a good increase in power. If you want to go faster like higher top speed, you need either a rev box, bigger sprocket, bigger tires, and some weight reduction.

YFZ450Ridr
02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Tater049
he said without spending too much money, you can get an athena big bore piston for around 145 bucks. And some big bore gaskets for 72 bucks. You will see a good increase in power. If you want to go faster like higher top speed, you need either a rev box, bigger sprocket, bigger tires, and some weight reduction.

what good is a big bore piston and gaskets without machine work? for about the price you can get shocks revalved and resprung youd spend about the same for a complete big bore kit.

i would say a higher compression piston and take off the airbox lid if you havent already, that should give a nice overall gain in power. anything else like valve work, big bore, port and polish, ect. is going to cost a few bucks.

05Z400rdr
02-28-2007, 08:11 PM
it depends..what kind of racing do u do??depending on ur type of racing, u may want to change the sprockets and or tire size...

Landon

northwest Texas
03-01-2007, 07:45 AM
How can i make it go faster without spending too much money? You're not.

Simple as that.

I agree with the guy about the suspension though and your shocks are rebuildable so my advice is to send them off and have them retuned to your specs. Better suspension will make you faster no if's and's or but's about it. It's time for you to concentrate on the chassis.

A well designed chassis will go down rough terrain faster with a stock engine than a fast engine in a stock chassis.