PDA

View Full Version : shorty Silencers

iraq66
02-28-2007, 06:38 AM
hey where do i get one or how do i make it pics would help

thanks brent

Scro
02-28-2007, 09:05 AM
You could probably use this (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279644&highlight=rossier+shorty) thread as a guide.

30liveStar
02-28-2007, 09:13 AM
PRE-WARNING - SHORTY's are LOUD !

take a hacksaw cut it to length desired.
drill rivets out for the cap. (that was cut off)
re-align cap to shortend silencer.
drill holes where rivets will go
re-install rivets.
also take all the old packing from the section you are getting rid of, and stuff it as TIGHT as you can in the shorty... this will help noise a pretty good deal...

A shorty exhaust (to an extent) is only for looks...
I cut mine on my f4i because if i didnt i would scrape it doing wheelies and such... However, it changes the way the motor runs by FAR - it took alot of the bottom end grunt.

Also, be careful because some exhausts have "chambers" and you will only be able to shorten from the front - or the rear... but it will make a difference on SOME exhausts. On my two brothers it didnt matter, but on my jardine or akrapovic it did.

good luck...

iraq66
02-28-2007, 11:48 AM
hey thanks alot ill try it out

Tri-valleyracin
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
im thinking about making one or buying a fmf shorty. im not totaly shure though i have to stay under 99db for racing. i might buy a cheap on off ebay make it a shorty and swap it and if its to loud ill put the long one on. I have a 2 stroke so i might be ok.

partyboy300ex
02-28-2007, 05:32 PM
TC racing cumtom builds them I have one on my hybrid it gave me a hige mid-range gain on power and is loud as hell but i like loud things