PDA

View Full Version : Custom Header Shop.

Mitch_McComb
02-28-2007, 06:15 AM
I was able to rig a header for my KTM 450SX Hybrid using stainless steel, a muffler spreading tool, some welding, and a lot of work. I never ended up getting the fit/quality I wanted doing it myself.

I decided to up the motor to a 525exc, but of course =-), the header doesn't fit.

This time, I'd rather pay someone to create the header for me.

Anyone have any recommendations on a nice shop?

protraxrptr17
02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I thought that the 450 and the 525 head was the same on the outside. What exactly is different? Not doubting you, I just want to know for future reference. You need to find a 2004 or newer 525SX header. It goes 2-into-1 very close to the head. It was pretty easy to adapt to my bike.

Pappy
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
i know this may sound goofy, but locally, our Midas shop turns out some really trick custom pipes for all types of things. I know if i needed something like that, i would be stopping by and chatting with them. (ive seen custom pipes for drag boats, bikes etc from this particulair shop)

might be worthwhile to stop at a few near you and check it out, usually there is one guy at a place like that who can either do a nice job or tell you where to visit in your area for that type of work!

SWIGIN
02-28-2007, 10:28 PM
i built this pipe but you are to far from me

Mitch_McComb
03-01-2007, 08:15 AM
The exhaust flange that connects to the header is a different size. The 525 connection is larger than the 450. I don't know if it's the difference between the 525 and 450, sx and exc, or 03' to 04'.

I tried the local muffler shops, but everyone was afraid of working with stainless. Plus nobody had the skill to create anything custom.

That's a good looking pipe swigin. Wish you were a little closer.

BVRLVR
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i know this may sound goofy, but locally, our Midas shop turns out some really trick custom pipes for all types of things. I know if i needed something like that, i would be stopping by and chatting with them. (ive seen custom pipes for drag boats, bikes etc from this particulair shop)

might be worthwhile to stop at a few near you and check it out, usually there is one guy at a place like that who can either do a nice job or tell you where to visit in your area for that type of work!

pappy, where's it at? (mo-town, c-burg....?)

thanks,