motoxgirl419
02-28-2007, 04:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KucYppXO0

<DRS>GPF
02-28-2007, 05:07 AM
pretty sobering.. :(

fandl450r
02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
That's the saddest thing I've seen in a long time. Really tears some emotional chords. :(

rlplive
02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah thats messed up, my buddy worked at the dog pound for like 4 months and he felt awful about it. Said it was the worst thing he ever had to do, especially since he likes animals. I'm not hating on the people who have to work at the shelter and do their job though. But puttin a dog in a trash truck is messed up.

ilpadrino113
02-28-2007, 09:31 AM
if people would just get their pets fixed, that stuff wouldn't happen.

30liveStar
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
ALL THIS DOES IS MAKE ME MAD...

However, i am a responsible pet owner... and what else can you ask for? (or expect). This video seems like propoganda to me (not saying this stuff DOESNT happen). I get tired of all the tree-hugging people taking on the WORLD because of various B.S...

Truth of the matter is - i would rather them be Euthanised (i was surprised how fast and painless it looks) than to see a dog stay in a shelter for 4 years...

Until this is under-control the answer isnt to stop thinning the population, but to punish pet owners that purchase a pet, then decide they cant take care of it anymore - it should be the OWNERS job to find their pet a new home - not some state agency... that is the real issue in my mind.

another reason this pisses me off is because there was a pitbull (beautiful dog) running around campus a few months ago - and the students held it for animal control (i wanted to keep it) However, i wanted to give the dogs owners a chance to claim it (it was definitely taken care of) - well we give the dog to animal control and i tell them to call me in a few days if the owners dont show up... Come to find out - ANY PITBULL that is taken into custody for ANY reason (whether violent or gentle) HAS TO BE EUTHANISED because it is a PITBULL - that, is complete b.s.

sorry about the vent...:o

400exrider707
02-28-2007, 10:19 AM
That is some pretty messed up stuff right there.

I would also like to note that euthanasia is not a bad way to put an animal down. It is 100% painless. It takes about 4 seconds to work. It kills the brain in about 2 seconds, then the rest of the body in the next two. Most ethical way of putting an animal down. My gf's dad is a vet, and he doesn't even like putting animals down that are already dying. He is single handedly the best vet I have ever met, he cares more for animals than anyone I know. Its kind of funny actually cause if you go there, he knows all of the pets by name, but doesn't hardly ever remember the owners name.

troyleepred719
02-28-2007, 02:08 PM
can i stop huggin my puppy now?

Quad18star
02-28-2007, 02:25 PM
That is sad and sickening .

How anyone could feed poison to a dog or throw a live dog into a garbage truck is just disturbing ....the dogs are so frightened and helpless .

Anyone that could do such a thing to animals is heartless and should have their teeth kicked in . :( :mad:

02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
not to be the ******* here, yes this is horrible but rememeber why this is happening, its because of humans...why arnt those dogs just set free in nature? why do people think we are so good that we can control if an animal can have offspring or not...why only cats and dogs? dont people understand we are just another animal in nature?? yes this is sick but there are worse things in the world going on

Kaleigh
02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
can i stop huggin my puppy now?

Never stop huggin your puppy..

THAT VIDEO WAS SO SAD.. what was up with the last part.. :mad:

suzukigirl
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
once i saw the title i just couldn't watch it:(

mx1791
02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
the ending was just wrong... i wont ever let something like that happen to my dog, although i dont have the urdge(sp?) to hug her right now becouse shes barking at my chips and chasing her tail

02-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
not to be the ******* here, yes this is horrible but rememeber why this is happening, its because of humans...why arnt those dogs just set free in nature? why do people think we are so good that we can control if an animal can have offspring or not...why only cats and dogs? dont people understand we are just another animal in nature?? yes this is sick but there are worse things in the world going on

i don't think of you as an *******...i think of you as insensitive and unable to comprehend the basic responsibility humans have as being the "smartest" animal (though debatable at times) to other life on this planet. a responsibility we have throughout history and still do fail at miserably. i'm not talking about tree hugging crap, i'm talking about just basic decency to the other inhabitants of the planet...:ermm:

fandl450r
02-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
i don't think of you as an *******...i think of you as insensitive and unable to comprehend the basic responsibility humans have as being the "smartest" animal (though debatable at times) to other life on this planet. a responsibility we have throughout history and still do fail at miserably. i'm not talking about tree hugging crap, i'm talking about just basic decency to the other inhabitants of the planet...:ermm:

One of the best things I've heard come out of your mouth.

soonerlightning
02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
thats something I cant stand. I couldnt work anywhere near one of those places. If I had the means I would have an un-imaginable amount of dogs because I see so many that are abandoned. :mad:

ShiftFMX
02-28-2007, 03:57 PM
That was just sickening :(

JJs450r
02-28-2007, 04:16 PM
ya its pretty sad :-/ sucks being a dog owner and watching the 7 minutes of that :-/ sorry *******s :-/

atvRiDa400ex
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
wow that brought tears to my eyes:(

Glamis400ex
02-28-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't even want to see it based on what I've read here. I don't have kids so my dogs are my kids and they are treated as such.

I spend an ungodly amount of money on them and have top notch medical insurance for them. But that's just me.

02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
i dont think i have any responsiabilty to do my part in controling nature...i dont get why alot of humans think they are better then any other animal...we are all stupid...alot nastier things happen out in nature then a dog getting a shot and falling asleep....alot of animals get their flesh ripped out by either their own kind of a superior animal (or superior in numbers)..yes its sad but their are way worse out there...if my dog or cat was to die, id want them put to sleep rather then being beaten to death by another...nature isnt always pretty, alot of violence...its just humans in general are very sensitive and well...soft

atvRiDa400ex
02-28-2007, 05:03 PM
i dont think i have any responsiabilty to do my part in controling nature...i dont get why alot of humans think they are better then any other animal...we are all stupid...alot nastier things happen out in nature then a dog getting a shot and falling asleep....alot of animals get their flesh ripped out by either their own kind of a superior animal (or superior in numbers)..yes its sad but their are way worse out there...if my dog or cat was to die, id want them put to sleep rather then being beaten to death by another...nature isnt always pretty, alot of violence...its just humans in general are very sensitive and well...soft

dogs and cats still are wild animals, getting killed by another animal is nature. Getting shot is inhumane.

mephyst
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Umm I highly doubt the ending of that video is in the U.S. though...

mephyst
02-28-2007, 05:10 PM

02-28-2007, 05:27 PM

ok how about you let another human shove an electric pole up your butt and shock you just enough to stun you, then you watch as they cut all your skin off and throw you in a pile,maybe still alive, with a bunch of other "dumb" humans....this is what they do to animals in the fur trade....or how about you get your throat slit and then are hung by one of your legs on a meat hook until you choke to death on your own blood. this is what the japanese do to horses(sometimes old race horses or pets etc etc) because their meat is a delicacy in japan/asia...i'm not saying don't kill animals, but when it has to be done, just do it in a humane way with compassion. i really don't think that is to much to ask. i personally wouldn't have a problem spending an extra dime at macdonalds on a cheeseburger knowing that they cut the cows head completely off as opposed to just slitting its throat and watch it choke on its own blood....

nature is neither kind nor cruel...so some cheetah grabbing a gazelle by the throat and choking it to death and than eating it, i hope you can see it's a little different than those pieces of total poop that threw that dog, still alive, into the back of that garbage truck....:rolleyes:

motoxgirl419
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I personally loath people that intentionally abuse animals in any way.

orca0294
02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by mephyst

So what where ever it was the dog was still put into a garbage truck and crushed? saying it wasn't here isn't stopping anything. I'm disgusted by this movie and these people should be in jail for these acts. I really like animals and don't support hunting either. You wouldn't want to be killed as much as these animals wouldn't want to be. And no one should bring up that animals don't have feelings or don't know whats going on because they do - they walk; they basically do everything we do but can not communicate the same way. These people should somehow be traced down and prosecuted as if they were human. That was disgusting.

30liveStar
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
all you guys bashing honda86... this is what im going to say - a dog is a dog, I LOVE THEM. However, i would rather see EVERY dog die ANY death, than see one human suffer (even the dumb ones). To me, an animal is simply that, but i do think that once you take on the responsibilty of an animal - you shouldnt be able to simply BACK OUT of the deal. I ironically feel the same way about marriage and bankruptcy. I was actually SURPRISED how humane the euthanasia was on that video.

also, as i stated earlier - i didnt even watch the whole video, because it makes me mad that PEOPLE let their pets get into these situations...

btw - i see this NO different than hunting. :o

coolex
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Glamis400ex
I don't even want to see it based on what I've read here. I don't have kids so my dogs are my kids and they are treated as such.

I spend an ungodly amount of money on them and have top notch medical insurance for them. But that's just me.

same with me minus the no kids part, but i didnt even watch it, i hate when people abuse animals there defenslese ic an sell killing it to put it out of its missery so it doesnt suffer, but an alive dog in the garbage is unreasonable

ZeroLogic
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
An utter disgrace.

Kickstarts-suck
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
How could someone look at those dogs seeing how scared they are and do something so horrible to them like that

I wish I didn't watch that video :ermm:

suzukigirl
02-28-2007, 10:15 PM
from what all you are saying i'm really glad i didn't watch it

coolex
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
from what all you are saying i'm really glad i didn't watch it

me 2 there was a video on here about someone stepping on a kitten with high heals until it died, i still regret waching that video and its been like a year now, so ill have to pass on this one

03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
calm down i am not saying its good that they are killing them, i am just saying humans are the ones doing it but their are way worse things going on....yas animals have feelings and all we are is just an animal too..i dont feel i am better then anything else, but the funny part is you see people putting old and basically worthless (they have very little time left thats what i mean by worthless) animals getting shot of crushed, but how is that better then people going out sitting in a tree and shooting a deer or differnt animals and not using it?? the dog got shot..so do other animals that are innocent...not everything is fair and dont bash on me cuz i am speaking the truth...

when i die, thats it im done and ill go on to an afterlife (my beleifs) but if someone else kills me, skins me or if i get a shot and fall sleep ill be ready to go, weather is a day from now or in 100 years...we all die, its just witch way are you going to go

03-01-2007, 09:44 AM
atvrida400ex....you are still a wild animal too...a bear can come get you as easily as any other animal...humans we just hide and run away frm nature because we know what i will do to us...you sleep in a nice warm bed at night..go sleep in the woods without your pistol and knife and we will see exactly how much higher humans are then other animals....the human is one of the weakest animals their is...yes i said animal

400exrider707
03-01-2007, 09:53 AM

Getting shot and being put to sleep to me were the humane parts of it. The dogs stuck in tiny little cages with no food or water... thats torture, and that is not humane no matter how you look at it. Torture like that doesn't happen in the wild. Animals dont go around killing other animals for fun.

400exrider707
03-01-2007, 09:55 AM
. i personally wouldn't have a problem spending an extra dime at macdonalds on a cheeseburger knowing that they cut the cows head completely off as opposed to just slitting its throat and watch it choke on its own blood....
:

Dont worry McDonalds doesn't even use cows for their meat at all!:blah:

03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
if you think animals dont starve in nature you are sadly mistaken and you think animals dont kill for fun?? alot of animals do it...humans do it, dogs do it, cats do it...i seen my own cat kill other animals and just leave them their...starvation happens all the time...people think humans have something nature dont, your wrong

400exrider707
03-01-2007, 10:12 AM
if you think animals dont starve in nature you are sadly mistaken and you think animals dont kill for fun?? alot of animals do it...humans do it, dogs do it, cats do it...i seen my own cat kill other animals and just leave them their...starvation happens all the time...people think humans have something nature dont, your wrong

Ok an animal starving in nature is just that nature... putting an animal in a cage and then leaving it there in its own feces....not so much.

03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
i thought starving didnt happen in nature?? and what exactly is nature?? humans are another animals right?? you tell me exactly what is nature and if we are part of it or not...im curious

Quad18star
03-01-2007, 11:06 AM
i thought starving didnt happen in nature?? and what exactly is nature?? humans are another animals right?? you tell me exactly what is nature and if we are part of it or not...im curious

Nature is an animal hunting down another animal and killing it for food . Nature is a large amount of snow that makes life difficult for some animals to find food and they starve to death .

Nature is NOT some guy throwing a helpless dog into the back of a garbage truck , pushing a button and watching a defenceless animal get slowly crushed to death . If you think this is "nature" then you're just f'king retarded and sick . Plain and simple !!!!!!

03-01-2007, 11:09 AM
what about my cat killing other cats for fun?? is that nature? is it nature for you to take a gun and kill an animal?

mephyst
03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
This video shows the most drastic ways to kill these dogs to make people have some sort of biased opinion. Yea, I think it's wrong. Yea, I love my dog to death...

And it does matter if it's in the US or not, because lets face it... other countries have completely different societies. They view things differently than we do. (obviously)

Some countries eat dog. Is that wrong?? What's the difference between eating a dog and a cow? Nothing, and it's perfectly fine.

If it is a family pet that had a good home originally I highly doubt that those types of owners are going to slay their dog away....

These dogs that are dying in the video in these harmful ways for all we know could have a major tumor, or can't walk anymore and are better off dead anyways. They all look pretty beat up to me... Now I guess you could fight the way that they are put to death, but let's face it... they are just animals and what's the difference between a 4 second death or a 20 second death? They are dead either way.

You should feel lucky that you just so happen to be at the top of the food chain.

This thread reminds me of the retards that protest outside of the Circus saying that the animals have crappy lives. How the f do they know?

03-01-2007, 11:15 AM
great post mephyst

Quad18star
03-01-2007, 12:46 PM
You know what ... you guys are right ... they're just animals .

They don't have fear . They don't feel pain . They don't yelp when they're hurting . They don't bleed when they're cut or shot .

They're just animals , so keep feeding them poison and watch them slowly die . Throw them in a garbage truck and slowly crush them to death . Pack them into small boxes and slowly soffocate them to death ... you know ... cause they're just animals .

There's a humane way to put an animal to death , and then there's the inhumane way like we say in parts of the video .

If some people around the world could just realize how inhumane and insensitive they are , maybe this f***ed up world wouldn't be such a bad place . :mad:

orca0294
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
You know what ... you guys are right ... they're just animals .

They don't have fear . They don't feel pain . They don't yelp when they're hurting . They don't bleed when they're cut or shot .

They're just animals , so keep feeding them poison and watch them slowly die . Throw them in a garbage truck and slowly crush them to death . Pack them into small boxes and slowly soffocate them to death ... you know ... cause they're just animals .

There's a humane way to put an animal to death , and then there's the inhumane way like we say in parts of the video .

If some people around the world could just realize how inhumane and insensitive they are , maybe this f***ed up world wouldn't be such a bad place . :mad:

I like how you put that. Some people on here are quite ignorant on how they look at this. Throwing a dog into a garbage truck is not humane. These dogs have no say in this - killing them for being born? It doesn't make sence.

coolex
03-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Nature is an animal hunting down another animal and killing it for food . Nature is a large amount of snow that makes life difficult for some animals to find food and they starve to death .

Nature is NOT some guy throwing a helpless dog into the back of a garbage truck , pushing a button and watching a defenceless animal get slowly crushed to death . If you think this is "nature" then you're just f'king retarded and sick . Plain and simple !!!!!!

welcome back from cuba, ( u were prob back for a while)

and yes ur opinion is spot on

03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
what about my cat killing other cats for fun?? is that nature? is it nature for you to take a gun and kill an animal?

well braniac unless some human taught it to do that...i would say yes that is nature....some animals kill, in what we would construe, for fun. the domestic house cat is one, there are a few others....but it's not really for their own entertainment, it is the fact that they cannot overcome an internal instinct....animals don't have the ability to reason, we do. so we as a "smarter"(again debatable) species have the responsiblity to treat the other species of the planet in a humane way. whether it be during their life or while inducing their death. starvation in nature happens of course. but it's not because an animal's human owner decided to leave it in a cage and not feed it. if you cannot understand the difference, then you're right you are what you are saying...an animal, and do not have the ability to reason. which means in reality do not have the brain capacity to have an intelligent debate on this topic...:ermm:

...and by the way mephyst, animals in the circus do have terrible lives. i personally wouldn't protest outside a circus, but they would never get a single penny of my money....the same with a rodeo, that is unless you think any animal should have a rope pulled tightly around its nuts to get it to thrash wildly....

mephyst
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't agree with throwing a dog into a dumpster to get squashed is the right way to end it's life either,(that was pretty sickening) but there IS a boundary between humans and animals. Animals are NOT humans whether some of you consider them like your kids or not.

Put it this way... those of you who don't have kids yet and consider your animals as if they are your kids... IF you did have a child and he or she died you are going to be a lot more devastated/affected rather than your animal dying.

Animals don't have a say in anything because they aren't human. There are much greater things some of you should be worried about in the world other than animal abuse...

I just think that's life. Stuff like this happens with humans too. People get murdered/die for no reason all the time... Some people are just fortunate enough to live longer than others.

Like I said before... I am not agreeing with the killings of these animals, but it doesn't really have an affect on me and make me want to cry. Worse things in life happen than this...

mephyst
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I think the Circus animals are treated quite well... same with zoo animals. Look at them. They may be locked up in a cage, but at least they are treated extremely well and fed and groomed. In a lot of cases, many of those animals would be in danger if we set them into the wild. We collect tremendous amounts of research from all of these animals for their own safety. And then in the Circus we use them for entertainment... lets face it... little kids light up when they see a TIGER jumping through a ring of fire!!

exrider008
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 30liveStar
btw - i see this NO different than hunting. :o

Ya because when your hunting you put an animal in a dumpster and crush it to death or put it in a cage and starve it to death. yes this video was very sickining but i totally dissagree with that statment.
I hunt and i have never shot and animal that didnt die within a few seconds. Yes im sure its pain full for those few seconds but its NOTHING like being crushed or feed poison.
im not trying to start a fight but IMO Hunting is nothing like what i just watched on that video.

mephyst
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I think instead of killing the dogs in this video and not making any use of them afterwards they should have just given them to some Filipinos. They would have at least eaten them after they butchered them. :blah:

03-01-2007, 06:34 PM
it only takes a couple seconds for the dog to be crushed as well (not saying it is right but the time spand is about the same as shooting an animal). And sometimes animals will live a season with an arrow stuck in its side (deer hunting in MI) how is that humane?? How is it right to go out and kill an animal that you dont HAVE to kill for foog? you can always grow food?? you can go on and on about what is right in your eyes and what isnt, on this topic there is alot a grey areas....

and i dont think there is a difference between humans or any other animal...you say animals cant reason?? since when cant an animal reason?? animals can do everything we can except talk and have a conversaton...they know what we are saying but for whatever reason they cant talk back to us...

What is the difference between killing a cat or dog cmpared to a chicken or cow?? because us in this country have gotton attached to dogs and cats but in other country they kill them and eat them just like any other animal...is that wrong??

is it wrong to put a dog out of its misery?? im curious to see what your views are further on this topic...

my views are, we are animals, all of us are...as much as you think you have overcome "nature" you havnt, you escaped from it thanks to our ancestors....in nature you have to kill or be killed, its as simple as that...alot of people on this board are too soft...yes i love my dog but if it was him or me, id stab him in the heart in a second....

as far as this nature topic...everything is nature to an extent...the way we think is nature..the computer you are typing on, it came from the ground...the chair your sitting on, it came from nature too...your house is in nature...you are just hiding from it, protected like in a lil cage because you know you will die out their...99.9% of us would die if we were put out in the wilderness (notice i said wilderness, not nature)...ill come back to this topic later...

03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
it only takes a couple seconds for the dog to be crushed as well (not saying it is right but the time spand is about the same as shooting an animal). And sometimes animals will live a season with an arrow stuck in its side (deer hunting in MI) how is that humane?? How is it right to go out and kill an animal that you dont HAVE to kill for foog? you can always grow food?? you can go on and on about what is right in your eyes and what isnt, on this topic there is alot a grey areas....

and i dont think there is a difference between humans or any other animal...you say animals cant reason?? since when cant an animal reason?? animals can do everything we can except talk and have a conversaton...they know what we are saying but for whatever reason they cant talk back to us...

What is the difference between killing a cat or dog cmpared to a chicken or cow?? because us in this country have gotton attached to dogs and cats but in other country they kill them and eat them just like any other animal...is that wrong??

is it wrong to put a dog out of its misery?? im curious to see what your views are further on this topic...

my views are, we are animals, all of us are...as much as you think you have overcome "nature" you havnt, you escaped from it thanks to our ancestors....in nature you have to kill or be killed, its as simple as that...alot of people on this board are too soft...yes i love my dog but if it was him or me, id stab him in the heart in a second....

as far as this nature topic...everything is nature to an extent...the way we think is nature..the computer you are typing on, it came from the ground...the chair your sitting on, it came from nature too...your house is in nature...you are just hiding from it, protected like in a lil cage because you know you will die out their...99.9% of us would die if we were put out in the wilderness (notice i said wilderness, not nature)...ill come back to this topic later...

Kickstarts-suck
03-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I dont like hunting either :ermm:

honda4life72
03-01-2007, 07:26 PM
ok i have just read this whole thing and well all i can say is that life is tough... if u die u die , it doesn't matter when where or how..when it's your time its your time.

Quad18star
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
ok i have just read this whole thing and well all i can say is that life is tough... if u die u die , it doesn't matter when where or how..when it's your time its your time.

You're right .....

Now someone give me a hand ... I'll grab this guys arms and someone grab his feet .... the garbage truck is waiting out front ... it's his time to go . :rolleyes:

motoxgirl419
03-02-2007, 05:08 AM
You're right .....

Now someone give me a hand ... I'll grab this guys arms and someone grab his feet .... the garbage truck is waiting out front ... it's his time to go . :rolleyes:

lol

03-02-2007, 06:18 AM
if u didnt notice alot of those dogs were better off dead.....what is inhuman to me si he way my grandma had to die, she had 5 different types of cancer and was screaming all day for pain killers and they would only give her 1 every 4 or 5 hours and that 1 pain killer would only last about 30 minutes...she begged and begged for someone to pull the plug or for pain killers, the doctors watched she suffer...how is that right??

to me thats worse then some dog getting a shot...my grandma WANTED to die and us humans act liek we dont have the right to end our own lifes...THATS WRONG...

ATV Chic
03-02-2007, 06:47 AM
That's the saddest thing i've ever seen. I'll never get that outta my head :ermm: :(

03-02-2007, 08:39 AM

with all due respect my view on this is; either you do not care to or that you are not able to grasp what i'm trying to say here. i'm not calling you dumb, 2+2=5 is dumb. what i'm saying is that you do not have the analytical ability to process the gigantic differences between humans and other animals. especially differences in the way in which we(humans) process and decipher incoming information, and the interpretation of our surroundings. no insult is meant. and if you would like me to explain more i will to the best of my ability for you to understand it.

03-02-2007, 09:03 AM
go on...what is the difference between humans and animals? you dont have to impress anyone with "advanced vocabulary" just talk like you do in person...you can call me whatever names you want, your not going to hurt my feelings...but answer these questions for me that you have been avoiding

why is it bad to kill a dog or cat but its ok to kill a chicken cow or deer?

what are your views on my gradma begging for pain killers or to have someone put her to sleep??

what makes humans so much better then other animals?

Do you consider yourself a animal?

Where exactly does nature end and "man-made" begin??

ask me any questions too, im looking forward to a decent conversation, lets not get this thread locked

clubert
03-02-2007, 12:25 PM

...and by the way mephyst, animals in the circus do have terrible lives. i personally wouldn't protest outside a circus, but they would never get a single penny of my money....the same with a rodeo, that is unless you think any animal should have a rope pulled tightly around its nuts to get it to thrash wildly....

FYI, the rope cinched around the rear quarter of a bull in a rodeo does not pull around it's nuts. there is a tendon at the front of the leg, that when you pull up on it, they can't move thier leg forward. by putting the rope all the way around them, they can't move either leg forward, so the bounce up and down. It doesn't hurt them, it's just annoying, so they try to get it off, and the rider, too. Most of the bulls in rodeos are treated very well, they are expensive animals.

03-02-2007, 12:48 PM
go on...what is the difference between humans and animals? you dont have to impress anyone with "advanced vocabulary" just talk like you do in person...you can call me whatever names you want, your not going to hurt my feelings...but answer these questions for me that you have been avoiding

why is it bad to kill a dog or cat but its ok to kill a chicken cow or deer?

what are your views on my gradma begging for pain killers or to have someone put her to sleep??

what makes humans so much better then other animals?

Do you consider yourself a animal?

Where exactly does nature end and "man-made" begin??

ask me any questions too, im looking forward to a decent conversation, lets not get this thread locked

first where in there was "advanced" vocab? i'm headed to the movies so i'll answer these specific questions quickly...

i never said that it was bad to kill a dog or cat, nor did i say that it was good to kill a chicken, cow, or deer(i personally do not, and never have hunted). my problem would be with killing any of those five animals in what would be, IMO, an inhumane way.

as for your grandma. in my personal opinion, that if a human is of sound mind, should be allowed to end its own suffering. do with that statement what you want.

as far as humans being "better"...i would not say that as much as i would say that we're more "advanced" persay.....

yes i am an animal as by the scientific meaning. but may i add that i am also the most intelligent of the animals. hence the ability to reason, talk, use advanced tools etc etc..

nature ends where it takes more than just a coincidence, so to speak, to take place...

i'll ask you the questions later...

03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
what do u mean by nature ends where it takes more than just a coincidence, so to speak, to take place...??

c450Razy
03-02-2007, 01:29 PM
wow.. that video i eye opening

03-02-2007, 04:25 PM
what do u mean by nature ends where it takes more than just a coincidence, so to speak, to take place...??

a quick example would be...a river flows, then has a concrete dam put across it...this is a "foreign" object to the surroundings that is now in place on purpose, not by coincidence. a coincidence in that particular scenario would be a tree falling and collecting debris behind it. that would be a naturally occuring "coincidence"...a tree falls, it creates a blockage in a water flow...

mephyst
03-02-2007, 04:31 PM
In science they would call it something that is naturally occuring...

Example:

An icicle is is something that naturally occured...

An ice-cube is not because we (humans) made a machine (a freezer) to freeze it.

Mean250r
03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
thats reallly sad. when i saw the parts witht he euthanasia i had to turn it off. My aunt owns a rescue group in New jersey, there are such nice dogs in shelters

Mean250r
03-02-2007, 05:30 PM
thats reallly sad. when i saw the parts witht he euthanasia i had to turn it off. My aunt owns a rescue group in New jersey, there are such nice dogs in shelters

DF400ex
03-02-2007, 05:53 PM
damn that's depressing.

The kids in Iraq killed the stray dogs like it was a sport. But they spread diseases and attacked some kids.

Back in the day (1920's) US kids did the same cuz there were more stray cats than there were people in the tenants.

03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
i dont see how humans making a damn and bevers making a damn is any different?? ya know what im saying...there are alot of animals out their that make their own homes in nature too, we are no exception...i think everything is nature it all comes form the ground and will all go back into the ground...

for example at work i threw a empty can of de-icer in the weeds off to the side and my boss got all up on me saying i was hurting the environment...i told him it dont matter its going to rust and go right back into the ground just like you and me...i dont understand why everyone is so sensitive about "nature" and what humans do to it.

03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
DF400ex i dont see that being any different then back in the 1800 when buffalo bill came across the nation and killed almost every single buffalo they saw...they just piled them up and left them there...

03-02-2007, 06:04 PM
just like the jews in WW2, buffalo bill had piles and piles of animals just stacked on top of eachother...thousands and thousands they killed for fun pick up a old school history book and some of them have pictures (right when the 1st camera was being developed) of all the buffalo just piled on top of eachother, sad yes but life goes on and the buffalo is still here today, just like humans are still here and just like dogs are here after we killed tons of them...life goes on and thats the point im trying to make, were all animals, were all going to die, some go peacfully some get their heads chopped off...

03-02-2007, 06:15 PM
heres another video witch i think is worse then the one about the dogs...do you people realize that america (dont get offended when i say this) but america is one of the most sensitive nation on the earth and in the eyes of the majority of the rest of the world we are viewed as hippocrites...

but anyways dont watch this video is you couldnt watch the first one for the sensitive people out their http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85srTdF5YXQ

all this will never stop so we might as well get used to it...

Quad18star
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
You know Honda86 ... if I could reach through the computer , I'd smack you .

You do realize that because of the mass killing of buffalo , they were on the verge of extinction , right ?? People stepped up to protect these animals , and if that wouldn't have happened , the only place you'd see a buffalo is in the history books right beside Buffalo Bill .

If I was your boss , I'd have kicked you in the a** , told you to pick up your litter , and then would have given you your walking papers . Maybe in a few years when you're old enough to take a chemistry class , you'll realize that the chemicals in your can of de-icer can kill animals . Sure the can may seem empty to you , but there's ALWAYS chemicals left over . You throwing that empty can allows for insects to ingest the chemicals .. they die .... a bird comes along and eats the bug ... the bird dies ... the chain goes on .
To take things further , the chemicals left over in the can, can seep into the ground and enter the water table or seep into rivers that flow into lakes ... thus putting the lives of fish , other aquatic animals in danger ... not to mention the health of people that may swim or drink the water .

madeincanada123
03-02-2007, 07:18 PM
well i got a dog from the pound and its nicer than our purebread labs and its a pitbull. you should all do your part and rescue one of these dogs because they truly dont deserve that

Kickstarts-suck
03-02-2007, 07:57 PM
ive had 3 stray dogs before

2 labs and 1 pitbull

all GREAT dogs

i wish more people would adopt dogs too

03-03-2007, 06:46 AM
\

by that reasoning, we shouldn't do anything about cancer, aids, pedophilia, overpopulation, illegal immigration..etc etc etc...like i said you are not intelligent enough to grasp what the argument is truly about....you're talking about your grandma....hunting....what people eat in other countries etc.. etc...:rolleyes:

MOFO
03-03-2007, 07:57 AM
You're right .....

I'm not kidding when I say this... "I'll give you a hand!" :mad:

I am far from being an animal activist or anything of the sort.... I do hunt and have killed many animals for food and game.

With that said, you CAN NOT compare that video to hunting - if you think you can, well your just a complete arsehole that does not understand either! Yes, I did resort to name calling because some people in here are WAY beyond a normal, civilized or educated discussion.

MOFO
03-03-2007, 08:02 AM

for example at work i threw a empty can of de-icer in the weeds off to the side and my boss got all up on me saying i was hurting the environment...i told him it dont matter its going to rust and go right back into the ground just like you and me...i dont understand why everyone is so sensitive about "nature" and what humans do to it.

No chit, please PM your home address... I have some junk I need to get rid of! :rolleyes:

...I'm sure you wont mind - after hundreds of years, it might go away.

MOFO
03-03-2007, 08:05 AM

Wow, you sure sound like some lazy SOB. Yea, just roll over on your couch - everything you see wrong in this world will just go away from your view.

03-03-2007, 08:39 AM
sure bring over your trash and ill dig up a hole and throw it all in their, just like they do at the dumps....

there isnt anything you can do about people doing act like this, im not lazy its just the truth...if you think you can stop what other people are doing in other country then i guess you have the typical big nose american attitude...no bashing intended its just the way you are, you think you can control everything...i got news for you tree hugger, where i work we soak out poured walls in oil, watch it soak back into the ground and then when the wall is done, we fill in all the trash we can to cut back on dump costs...been doing this for over 25 years and not once have we gotton a single complant

mofo you say you hunt and kill for fun...but yet those dolphins are being used for meat, how is that any different then what your doing??

do you guys understand how big of hippocrites some of you are right now?? "its wrong to kill that dolphin and eat it...but yeah i hunt.." i dont get it??/

and i brought up other topics because i was trying to get your views on other things that are related to this....duh dippy

czrider263
03-03-2007, 08:58 AM
that is a sad video.

czrider263
that is a sad video.

czrider263
that is a sad video.

MOFO
sure bring over your trash and ill dig up a hole and throw it all in their, just like they do at the dumps....

there isnt anything you can do about people doing act like this, im not lazy its just the truth...if you think you can stop what other people are doing in other country then i guess you have the typical big nose american attitude...no bashing intended its just the way you are, you think you can control everything...i got news for you tree hugger, where i work we soak out poured walls in oil, watch it soak back into the ground and then when the wall is done, we fill in all the trash we can to cut back on dump costs...been doing this for over 25 years and not once have we gotton a single complant

mofo you say you hunt and kill for fun...but yet those dolphins are being used for meat, how is that any different then what your doing??

do you guys understand how big of hippocrites some of you are right now?? "its wrong to kill that dolphin and eat it...but yeah i hunt.." i dont get it??/

and i brought up other topics because i was trying to get your views on other things that are related to this....duh dippy

First off, I"m not a tree hugger - very far from it, I can assure you of that!!!

Second, you missed the part about me not being any type of animal activist... all of my points are based on this video from the original post!

03-03-2007, 09:00 AM
quadstar, id smack you back just a lil bit harder :D

yes i know the buffalo was almost extinct and did you know that 99.9% of animals that have been on this earth are gone forever? 99.9% of all species are EXTINCT i dont think the buffalo would end our lives...the truth is, we dont need 1 single species for the food chain to work, its much stronger then that...

and if you think that can of de-icer is going to go into our lakes and kill people...lmao it dont change much of anything...you all are so sensitive....you should join PETA, they would love to have you

and as bad as this sounds, we NEED people to die..the earth is so over populated (especially with humans) that i beleive we have a cure for aids but we dont need that, we need people to die...and if you ever learned anything in your science class that whenever a species is WAY over populated is results in what?? yup thats right, MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF DEATHS...you cant save ever single person or animal because we all are going to get so over populated that disease is going to spread like wild fire....

dont point fingures and say im the jerk here, im just speaking the truth, their are places in japan that give children away because their is so many...in the far east alot of couples can only have 1 or 2 kids...Dont quote me on this but i think if they have 1 kid and then have a set of twins after, they have to choose witch one of the twins is going to die...its real and like i said before, us in america, especially the main land are so wimpy compared to alot of culters

another example i was in hawaii and their was a group of true hawaiians having a get to get together and they tie the pig up by its feet and beat it badly untill it dies, i watched this pig just dripping blood out its mouth, squeeling for its life as all of them comtinue to beat it to death, do you know why they did that??? they say the meat tastes better when you bring the blood up to the surfice....if you watched it you would want to try and set if free wouldnt you??? lol ..its just the way things are, sure you can control your own actions but when i throw all my trash into the ground and watch other people beat animals to death, you cant do nothing about it..

03-03-2007, 09:01 AM
i think im going to fire up every single 2 stroke dirt bike, and ATV that i own and let those suckers burn rich as can be, oil dripping out the pipes and everything, ill be thinking of you on your EPA friendly 4poke EX

NorCalRacer
03-03-2007, 09:12 AM
i think im going to fire up every single 2 stroke dirt bike, and ATV that i own and let those suckers burn rich as can be, oil dripping out the pipes and everything, ill be thinking of you on your EPA friendly 4poke EX

You are a bad joke, guy. Quit while you are ahead. True, other cultures have different views, but welcome to the northwest. We have values up here. I'm sure all your neighbors appreciate your oil dripping and trash burying attitude. Do you do this by your home? I think your groundwater may be giving you some brain damage.
It is not right to breed animals and not account for their well being, animals don't propegate in the wild unless there is food for all. It is definitely wrong to inhumanely kill an animal, for any reason. I could care less if it is cultural tradition, I will not condone or agree with it. Your callous disregard for the planet and evrything on it amazes me. I am not a tree hugger, I like big blocks and two strokes, but you are a roving disaster area.
The best thing you could ever do is keep your opinions to yourself and never procreate, that would be doing us all a favor.

30liveStar
03-03-2007, 09:15 AM
hate to sound "insensitive" but he is right ^ (honda86)

if any of you people would crack open a science book every once and awhile, you would realize that the world is way more complex than the "good ole boy - front porch" theory...

animals have been going extinct like living was going out of STYLE forever (without our input) - why should we try to keep them around now?

btw - it amazes me how people cant stay on topic... We have went from putting dogs out of their misery by the means which a clinic can afford (some more crude than others) - to calling eachother names, threatening bodily harm (over the internet none-the-less, ooooooo scary), now to arguing about buffalo bill and his damn buffalo.

whewwww :eek2:

03-03-2007, 09:23 AM
so are you saying you have better values then the rest of the world???:confused: seriously is that what your saying by : "True, other cultures have different views, but welcome to the northwest. We have values up here."

if so your the type of american that makes me sick...the type of person that thinks their ideas are better then everyone elses...

let me ask you something norcalracer...do you own a trash can?? when you put your trash out to the road where do you think it goes? yup you guessed it right back into the ground in a DUMP...have you ever been to the dump?? honestly has anyone here been to the dump...not to be a jerk but i think every student in school should go..ive been there many times to dump our trash their...its funny how the typical suit and tie 9 to 5 worker dont think their trash goes into the ground too...yes i buried trash all in my property too...where i live 1 dump go so big they put dirt over it and now its a ski resort and all those tree huggers use it day after day week after week...funny isnt it?

my neighbors do the same as me, rusting cars out in the fields where i live, trash in the weeds, it just how it is...my neighbor bring home trash everyday, he works for a large building comany and he brings a trailor into work and brings it home about once a week or so unloads the trash and puts it out back...you guys would not belive the junk he has, and every once in a while he will have a bunch of guys over and we all burn it having a fire for the night :D

but anyways, where do you think your trash goes norcalrace, mofo quadstar and dlerch??

03-03-2007, 09:26 AM
30live im glad someone unstands some truth here

mephyst
03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
The thing is dogs are no where near extinction. Maybe some specific breeds, but honestly, who gives a $hit? There are going to be 100 new breeds of dog within the next year. That's how life works... things die and newer things form.

03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
yup overpopulated...i love dogs, i think they are coll animals but the ones that are better off dead, might as well give them a shot, and i think if no one wants the dogs, put them out in the wild

03-03-2007, 02:39 PM

ok i just figured out what the origin of your lack of ability to comprehend what you're saying is...you are to young to understand the effect you have on your surroundings. simple as that. and you cannot have it explained to you so that you can understand it. it is something that is only, with some exceptions, understood over a period of "growing up" for lack of better words...

as far as hunting goes, and i'll try to explain it to you so that maybe you can comprehend it, when an animal/mammal is shot, hit by a car, attacked by another animal/eaten etc etc.. any intense/stressful situation, pain is not the first sensation that they feel, nature has equipped us(animals) with the ability to ignore the pain for short periods of time(adrenaline amongst other chemicals is released). the reason being the brain does not have the ability to concentrate on the origin of pain, and try and save its(animals) own life. examples; a deer is hit by a car and has both of its front legs broke, interenal injuries etc tec... but still manages to get up and run away, only to fall dead 50 yards away....another; a soldier is rushing a beach and a mortar shell hits nearby and blows his arm off, he does not feel immediate pain, partially because of shock etc etc..but also because the "bigger" picture for his brain is that.."i can live without an arm, so i need to get the rest of the body to a safe place and then i can fix the wound"....so here is my whole point, when a deer has a rifle round tear thru his shoulders, i.e. heart. and sure he is stressed because its brain senses something is wrong, but the chemicals rushing thru the brain/body don't allow him to feel pain before he drops dead. now do some hunted animals get their senses about them before they die..yes of course. do i like that it happens? no. but i would like to think that "most" hunters are not out there to shoot the dear in the gut etc.. and have it run, and deal with that pain. if for nothing else the inconvenience of tracking it for a few miles. besides that their drunk buddies back at the cabin would make fun of him if it takes 5 shots for one kill!!!

just think if you've ever had a bad injury...at first it doesn't hurt, but when the brain has the time to understand that it will live, the pain starts to set in....well animals have that ability times 5, because nature understands that there are no doctor's offices in the forrest...for that same reason wild animals have a much higher pain threshhold....

so there, if you cannot understand this explanation, i believe you, like i said, to be beyond comprehension...

03-03-2007, 02:58 PM
lol why ddi you quote me talking about my 2 strokes and then talk about animals being killed?? whats the connection??

you act like im stupid or something...ill educate you now...what your talking about is adrenaline rush...when you get hurt you dont feel its because liek you said, you in such shock and its part of an adrenaline rush....just like when a heavy object falls on someone and a person that normally could not lift it up, picks it up because of the adrenaline rush, its a chemical in your brian....im not stupid, i think i know more then you give me credit for, even though i dont try to impres anyone with big ol fancy words...

with that being said, now i notice alot of people on here have been avoiding questions that i have been asking them and changing topics....so Dlerch, quadstar norcal and mofo, where do you think your garbage goes after it is picked up from the end of your drive way?? have you been to any dumps ever in your life?? Be honest here too...if you havnt been to a dump i can describe it, it might be different then you think...

another thing, i aint some kid either so dont try and play the whole "your too young to understand" role...old man:blah:

now please just answer some of my questions ok??

03-03-2007, 08:06 PM
lol why ddi you quote me talking about my 2 strokes and then talk about animals being killed?? whats the connection??

....im not stupid, i think i know more then you give me credit for, even though i dont try to impres anyone with big ol fancy words...

with that being said, now i notice alot of people on here have been avoiding questions that i have been asking them and changing topics...

....so Dlerch, quadstar norcal and mofo, where do you think your garbage goes after it is picked up from the end of your drive way?? have you been to any dumps ever in your life?? Be honest here too...if you havnt been to a dump i can describe it, it might be different then you think...

another thing, i aint some kid either so dont try and play the whole "your too young to understand" role...old man:blah:

now please just answer some of my questions ok??

first off the only person that keeps going off topic is you...you are the person talking about your grandma, hunting, littering etc etc...the post is about cruelty to domestic animals, and the fact that their over population is our fault...and that when putting them to death we don't have to do it in such inhumane ways...

the quote of 2 strokes was my original point in that post, and that is that you are to young to understand the effect you have on your surroundings...GOT IT? can you comprehend that?(sorry if thats too "fancy" a word for ya)

and the next question you asked about trash. well you answered it yourself...they go to landfills...not in the yard, or on the street, or in the local stream, or where ever you seem to think that it's ok to throw trash. do you understand the difference? if everyone just thru their trash around like you do...well i hope you're at least smart enough to see the problem with that...i hope..:rolleyes:

honda86 you are i would guess 16-17 maybe 18.....and for someone that says they aren't "stupid", you sure do act like you are....:ermm:

NorCalRacer
03-03-2007, 08:06 PM
so are you saying you have better values then the rest of the world???:confused: seriously is that what your saying by : "True, other cultures have different views, but welcome to the northwest. We have values up here."

if so your the type of american that makes me sick...the type of person that thinks their ideas are better then everyone elses...

let me ask you something norcalracer...do you own a trash can?? when you put your trash out to the road where do you think it goes? yup you guessed it right back into the ground in a DUMP...have you ever been to the dump?? honestly has anyone here been to the dump...not to be a jerk but i think every student in school should go..ive been there many times to dump our trash their...its funny how the typical suit and tie 9 to 5 worker dont think their trash goes into the ground too...yes i buried trash all in my property too...where i live 1 dump go so big they put dirt over it and now its a ski resort and all those tree huggers use it day after day week after week...funny isnt it?

my neighbors do the same as me, rusting cars out in the fields where i live, trash in the weeds, it just how it is...my neighbor bring home trash everyday, he works for a large building comany and he brings a trailor into work and brings it home about once a week or so unloads the trash and puts it out back...you guys would not belive the junk he has, and every once in a while he will have a bunch of guys over and we all burn it having a fire for the night :D

but anyways, where do you think your trash goes norcalrace, mofo quadstar and dlerch??

I know exactly where it goes. Aside from the recycling ( oil, glass, aluminum and paper), the food that goes down the garbage disposal to the wastewater plant, the rest goes into a landfill. I have been to the dump thousands of times over my life. I grew up on 40 acres where our trash had to be consolidated and protectected from animals until we could get it fifteen miles to the landfill. We had a neighbor with your ignorant views move in and he dumped all the waste from building his house and all his garbage over the side of the hill. Ruined all the streams on several neighbor's property below him. He sounded just like you do right now trying to justify himself.
And just because you are a complete dolt when it comes to respecting this planet which we all enjoy, it doesn't mean that the rest of America doesn't have values, and hell yeah, our values are some of the best in the world.
You're spineless stance that whatever is accepted somewhere in the world must be ok is ridiculous.Grow a backbone and claim responsibility for your own dumb ***.The whole world doesn't act the same way you do, if you choose to torture an animal or pollute, it is you doing it. Not culture, tradition or "the way it is", just you.

Edit: just saw your last post.I cauldn't answer immediately because I was at work, and coincidentally I recycled 10 gallons of oil on the way to work today....at the dump:o

DF400ex
03-03-2007, 11:57 PM
can't we all just get along :D

mephyst
03-04-2007, 03:22 AM
This thread died 5 pages ago... clearly gone into the deep end now.

03-04-2007, 08:39 AM
as long as you all knwo that it is going right back into the ground, thats the only point i was trying to make...and dlerch, im in my 20s by the way....bottomline is there isnt a single thing we can do to seriously hurt nature...there isnt anything we can do to destroy the earth so stop thinking your so powerful...and maybe some of u guys should have respect for other people around the world and their views and beliefs. thining the American view is so much better then others makes me sick...

like it was said before 99.9% of living creatures that have lived on this planet ARE EXTINCT so what makes you think 1 species or a groups of animals is going to change anything?? seriously what is it?? the planet has gone through ice ages, massive amounts of volcanoes, droughts, floods, massive meteors but yet, me riding a 2 stroke or putting a peice of plastic in the ground is going to ruin everything?? come on now, think about it

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 08:58 AM
as long as you all knwo that it is going right back into the ground, thats the only point i was trying to make...and dlerch, im in my 20s by the way....bottomline is there isnt a single thing we can do to seriously hurt nature...there isnt anything we can do to destroy the earth so stop thinking your so powerful...and maybe some of u guys should have respect for other people around the world and their views and beliefs. thining the American view is so much better then others makes me sick...

like it was said before 99.9% of living creatures that have lived on this planet ARE EXTINCT so what makes you think 1 species or a groups of animals is going to change anything?? seriously what is it?? the planet has gone through ice ages, massive amounts of volcanoes, droughts, floods, massive meteors but yet, me riding a 2 stroke or putting a peice of plastic in the ground is going to ruin everything?? come on now, think about it ]

You're not destroying the planet, just you're backyard. I am done with you, it is a waste of effort. I am just glad I don't live downriver for you...

Oh, and for the record, I earn a large part of my living setting up rural drinking water systems. Just because you are sure the world is ending doesn't mean you have to trash it on the way out. I feel sorry for anyone close enough to be affected by your complete stupidity. And if you're twenty, go back to school because I'd have to guess 15.

BTW I AM a better person than you, so enjoy that sick feeling in your stomach. Maybe someday you'll learn respect and decency and that statement won't hold water. And if you think the whole world is so much more along than America, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Most people from Mexico that I've met share the same opinions you do, you'd fit right in down there:D

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
This thread died 5 pages ago... clearly gone into the deep end now.

Why, beacuse people disagree with the spineless stance you and 86 were taking? Comments that stupid need rebuttal. :macho

03-04-2007, 09:09 AM
geez dont be so sensitive norcalracer....just curious what makes you think your better then me or anyone else on this forum?? i hope you dont talk to your mother is the same tone that you do to others...just sing along...

"i feel pretty, oooo so pretty..."

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 09:12 AM
geez dont be so sensitive norcalracer....just curious what makes you think your better then me or anyone else on this forum?? i hope you dont talk to your mother is the same tone that you do to others...just sing along...

"i feel pretty, oooo so pretty..."

I am better than you because I respect my neighbors,my environment and the responsibilty of my actions, something you have no idea about. I'm also older, smarter and a better speller.
:D

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
]BTW I AM a better person than you, so enjoy that sick feeling in your stomach.

Anyone who would say something along those lines has NO place calling anyone else an idiot. So you install rural drinking water "systems" huh? Im sure you've taken 100's of hours of chemistry, and environmental science classes.... Give it up bub, you are a blue-collar worker just like 98% of America. (nothing wrong with that AT ALL) However, if you HAVENT taken classes to know how all these chemicals breakdown in the presence of oxygen (or without) - then you have NO right coming on here "educating" people about it.

btw if anyone wants my BACKGROUND information - I was in a Doctoral program for physical therapy(all A's and B's), and i decided that i would rather go to work at a local "normal" job than put up with red-tape loving people like you my whole life... YES - i took about a $20k (possibly) pay-cut annually... However, i will still have the opportunity to EARN $100k + next year if i bust my *** and get it done... Honda86's property is HIS property,and the ONLY difference in him dumping his trash at his house (or burning it - but then we'll get into ozone depletion and other arguements) only CHANGES the distribution of HOW and where the elements are redistributed into the earth.

ill save the rest of my speech - this is pointless bickering. I just wish you all would RESPECT eachother's opinion instead of bashing it, and calling names.

Have a nice day... :D :chinese: :chinese:

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Anyone who would say something along those lines has NO place calling anyone else an idiot. So you install rural drinking water "systems" huh? Im sure you've taken 100's of hours of chemistry, and environmental science classes.... Give it up bub, you are a blue-collar worker just like 98% of America. (nothing wrong with that AT ALL) However, if you HAVENT taken classes to know how all these chemicals breakdown in the presence of oxygen (or without) - then you have NO right coming on here "educating" people about it.

btw if anyone wants my BACKGROUND information - I was in a Doctoral program for physical therapy(all A's and B's), and i decided that i would rather go to work at a local "normal" job than put up with red-tape loving people like you my whole life... YES - i took about a $20k (possibly) pay-cut annually... However, i will still have the opportunity to EARN $100k + next year if i bust my *** and get it done... Honda86's property is HIS property,and the ONLY difference in him dumping his trash at his house (or burning it - but then we'll get into ozone depletion and other arguements) only CHANGES the distribution of HOW and where the elements are redistributed into the earth.

ill save the rest of my speech - this is pointless bickering. I just wish you all would RESPECT eachother's opinion instead of bashing it, and calling names.

Have a nice day... :D :chinese: :chinese:

You couldn't be more wrong. You do not own underneath your property, and if you contaminate others than you should have your property confinscated and auctioned. Yes, I am getting into water treatment. I also have friends and family in the field of running water districts. Yes, I do submit samples to professional labs for submission and anylization. No, oxygen doesn't remove most harmful chemicals, espacially petroleum. A doctorate in physical therapy obviously does not require much real world education so try again when you have the slightest clue what you are talking about. I guess you need to return to school as well. And guess what, where I live, it is "normal" to not try and ruin the environment as quick as possible. A "genius" the such of you would stand out from the norm like a sore thumb. Like I said, it's as simple as taking responsibility for your actions.

Edit: I'd sure like to hear about the "red tape" that underminded your career as a physical therapist:blah:

03-04-2007, 09:48 AM
norcal i hope you understand your going to be the whole reaosn this thread gets locked right??? i dont want to resort to name calling like you, i thought someone that is oh so smart would know better.....

I have great relationships with my neighbors and familly, we all dump our trash together :D

it is kind of entertaining how someone with so much knowledge thinks hes better then other people over the internet...is that what college taught you??

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I've also worked in a machine shop my whole life - hence why i want a real world job because i know what its like to make good money with a skill, not a piece of paper.

I also have worked 40+ hours per week in a rehab center since i was a freshy in highschool. I know all about the real world - i help people walk again. I wasnt "downing" anything you do - but you must come back calling names again. I am the most laid back person you'll ever meet, but i cant stand it when people try to belittle others on false pretences - and that is what you are doing.

Let me get this straight - You take samples to a lab ?(btw I dont care what your family does - this is about you.) Do you know the process of testing those samples? I doubt it. I wasnt saying petroleum breaks down... he could run his 250r ALL year on rev limiter with oil shooting out the exhaust, and he wouldnt effect the environment as much as the diesel busses that run around my city on a DAILY basis.

if you can provide me proof that in 10,000,000 years his way or your way will make a difference, thats great. I'll convert. Until then, you all are basically arguing about the dispersal of garbage.

that means either have a small pile over here - or a gigantic pile there - NO difference. The dump just offers a level of control.

edit - if you wanna know the red tape - i'll pm you. LoL. :D

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 09:54 AM
norcal i hope you understand your going to be the whole reaosn this thread gets locked right??? i dont want to resort to name calling like you, i thought someone that is oh so smart would know better.....

I have great relationships with my neighbors and familly, we all dump our trash together :D

it is kind of entertaining how someone with so much knowledge thinks hes better then other people over the internet...is that what college taught you??

Good for you, I'll bet your properies are real nice. I am glad that people like you are only tolerated in *** backwards places. I don't need college to know that what you are donig is wrong, half a brain cell tells me that. But since you are the environmental guru in your area, I'm not surprised at your completely ignorant views. Have fun trashing your home. Make sure to tell your (hopefully not ever) kids who to thank for the rainbow water.

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 09:55 AM
rainbow water - :devil: u made me chuckle with that one.

I can just imagine the conversation...

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 10:00 AM
I've also worked in a machine shop my whole life - hence why i want a real world job because i know what its like to make good money with a skill, not a piece of paper.

I also have worked 40+ hours per week in a rehab center since i was a freshy in highschool. I know all about the real world - i help people walk again. I wasnt "downing" anything you do - but you must come back calling names again. I am the most laid back person you'll ever meet, but i cant stand it when people try to belittle others on false pretences - and that is what you are doing.

Let me get this straihgt - You take samples to a lab ?(btw I dont care what your family does - this is about you.) Do you know the process of testing those samples? I doubt it. I wasnt saying petroleum breaks down... he could run his 250r ALL year on rev limiter with oil shooting out the exhaust, and he wouldnt effect the environment as much as the diesel busses that run around my city on a DAILY basis.

if you can provide me proof that in 10,000,000 years his way or your way will make a difference, thats great. I'll convert. Until then, you all are basically arguing about the dispersal of garbage.

that means either have a small pile over here - or a gigantic pile there - NO difference. The dump just offers a level of control.

edit - if you wanna know the red tape - PM i'll pm you. LoL. :D

I don't need to know the testing procedure to tell someone they can't drink their petroleum contaminated water. And to reaffirm a spineless stance, you say it is ok for you to dump oil because someone else (or company) dumps more. If Enron rips off a million people, it doesn't mean I can go steal from my neighbor. EVERYBODY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PERSONAL ACTIONS, REGARDLESS OF HOW SOCIETY IS "PUSHING THEM". Dump locations are picked as to have minimal impact on the environment. They are picked by scientists and geologists. Big difference from burying trash/oil in your yard.

Name 1 thing I said that was under false pretenses. I ride my 2-stroke as well. When I change my tranny oil, however, it get's recycled because there is no good reason not to other than laziness.

03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
the dump near my house is RIGHT next to a lake...the trash is flowing in the lake..looks like they didnt pick the best spot for a dump there..lol

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 10:06 AM
lol, "spineless" - i wish you could come visit me... so we could go grab a drink or something. Truth is - we'd probably get along fine, but i am far from spineless... and you'd realize it in about 5 seconds... Pretty easy to call chickensh*t names like "spineless" over the internet - I am WITH YOU on most of your arguement, but i am not with you pushing your uneducated belief on others... we actually RECYCLE most of our oil at the machine shop, and use it for lubing cables - and other various things. But, we also have used it as a "weed control" - uh oh, we put 6 ounces of oil into the ground - my world will come to an end soon...

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 10:07 AM
the dump near my house is RIGHT next to a lake...the trash is flowing in the lake..looks like they didnt pick the best spot for a dump there..lol

Nice place you live in....

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 10:09 AM
lol, "spineless" - i wish you could come visit me... so we could go grab a drink or something. Truth is - we'd probably get along fine, but i am far from spineless... and you'd realize it in about 5 seconds... Pretty easy to call chickensh*t names like "spineless" over the internet - I am WITH YOU on most of your arguement, but i am not with you pushing your uneducated belief on others... we actually RECYCLE most of our oil at the machine shop, and use it for lubing cables - and other various things. But, we also have used it as a "weed control" - uh oh, we put 6 ounces of oil into the ground - my world will come to an end soon...

Please educate me then. Weed control is not dumping all your oil and trash, probably better than round up. But I am still waiting to see these false pretenses and uneducated beliefs I have singled out, where am I wrong?

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 10:12 AM
he said he is storing and burning his trash - and that he was going to (exaggerated) start his 250r and let oil drip out the exhaust - lol... i honestly dont see what he can change. I am with you on nearly 100% of your arguement, but not your tone.

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 10:15 AM
btw - i kind of like internet "ninja" wars bwahaha. I love debating, just for the sake of debating... :huh u really only got me going with the "i am better than you" - and im sure even you will admittedly say that is kind of silly... thats all.

u have a nice sunday alright ? im going to go get me some of my favorite pizza place (sunday tradition) :devil:

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
he said he is storing and burning his trash - and that he was going to (exaggerated) start his 250r and let oil drip out the exhaust - lol... i honestly dont see what he can change. I am with you on nearly 100% of your arguement, but not your tone.

Yeah, that is what I was responding to. He also said if you don't like chemicals in the woods to join PETA. My tone may have been harsh to him, and I apologize to you because I can see that you are fairly knowledgeable. However, 'ol 86 has a lot to learning to do and I will not retract any statements I made to him.

03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
i couldnt agree more with 30live....i love to debate too as long as both sides are fair and civil about it...its just bad when people have to call names. Im sure its just your emotions pouring out through the keyboard...just say your sorry and we can move on ;)

30liveStar
03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
lmao - goodluck. Time for PIZZA ! :cool:

03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
im right here, what you got to say to me?

03-04-2007, 10:44 AM
heres a list of a few extinct animals that are around....just choose the area, time period, type of living thing (reptiles, insects, etc) and look at the lists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_animals

NorCalRacer
03-04-2007, 11:30 AM
im right here, what you got to say to me?

www.earthspeak.org

This is where I grew up. Remember, people don't make a difference so none of this matters:rolleyes:

03-04-2007, 11:58 AM
obviously my views on this topic and yours are opposite, but when i say it dont matter, im talking about a large time spand...your talking about present time...yes i know animals die from it but im looking at the big picture...life will always go on no matter what we do here on earth, thats what i mean by it dont matter what we do...

yes a few poeple might get sick or die from polution, animals might die, but look at the numbers...over 6 billion of people on earth, its amazing to think of it like that....99.9% of all animals that have lived are GONE FOREVER and look at how strong life still is here on earth, i honestly beleive man could not kill all forms of life on earth no matter how hard we tried

03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
your link is about 1 town in a short time spand...im talking about bigger things....just pick an area of the world. Africa, Asia,North America, South America, etc...and all that land is only about 1/3 of the area on the earth....then times that by Millions and MILLIONS of years life has been around. Man cannot phaze it one bit...do you agree or disagree and why?

Also take into consideration of other 65-70% of the world, the OCEAN...all the animals in the deep oceans that we have not even discovered yet, i dont get why people think we know so much when really we dont know a dang thing about much of anything

03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
when will people realize that the Human has only ben around a very very short perod of time and we are so weak and pathedic that if their was a book about the life of the Earth, we wouldnt even be worth mentioning

03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
that if their was a book about the life of the Earth, we wouldnt even be worth mentioning

well people like yourself wouldn't be worth mentioning.....and as far as debating goes, you're clueless on how to do it...first you should try and stay on the "original' topic...and second, and most importantly, you should at least have half a clue of what you're talking about...:rolleyes:

even though i mostly don't agree with it, i at least know why the statement of "children should be seen and not heard" came about...;)

03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
a 20 year old is a child to you?

anyways, i thought we got over the bashing part...But yeah if their was a book on the life of the earth, humans wouldnt even be mentioned...

did you know if you were to put the earth life into one hour that ratio wise, humans wouldnt be here for more then one tenth of a second...thats really isnt worth mentioning...i know im not worth mentioning too, just like everyone else on this forum

NorCalRacer
03-05-2007, 09:34 AM
your link is about 1 town in a short time spand...im talking about bigger things....just pick an area of the world. Africa, Asia,North America, South America, etc...and all that land is only about 1/3 of the area on the earth....then times that by Millions and MILLIONS of years life has been around. Man cannot phaze it one bit...do you agree or disagree and why?

Also take into consideration of other 65-70% of the world, the OCEAN...all the animals in the deep oceans that we have not even discovered yet, i dont get why people think we know so much when really we dont know a dang thing about much of anything

Yeah, just my home in my lifetime, who cares:confused: I could care less if in a million years it doesn't matter, it matters now.

ilpadrino113
03-05-2007, 10:17 AM
the point of a dump is so that all the crap that is dumped off can stay in one area, pollute one area, and not affect the rest of us.

If everyone dumped everywhere we would all be sick, disease would spread, wildlife would die (and yes that is a problem) water would be contaminated, and the general quality of life would be horrible.

You are correct in saying that your one metal can would not afffect anything, but if everyone just tossed one metal can on the ground imagine what the landscape would like.

Even if ou disregard the enviromental impact, the pure asthetics of the community would be horrible, dropping land values and be bad for eveyone all in all.

Sure we all throw something out of the car window now and again, but if we all think that it is OK because it will "eventual decompose" that is a problem. We have to realise that it will not simply disapear in a little while.

03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
a 20 year old is a child to you?

anyways, i thought we got over the bashing part...But yeah if their was a book on the life of the earth, humans wouldnt even be mentioned...

did you know if you were to put the earth life into one hour that ratio wise, humans wouldnt be here for more then one tenth of a second...thats really isnt worth mentioning...i know im not worth mentioning too, just like everyone else on this forum

yes, a person that is as ignorant as you are about the affect you can have on your surroundings is, even at 20 a child IMO...

as far as bashing goes...saying what is probaly obvious to everyone else but you, is more like the stating of facts...

and your little observations/facts are so trivial, and by the way, off topic. also i think my astronomy teacher taught me stuff like that in the 8th grade...:rolleyes:

DF400ex
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM

HAHA that's hallarious.

If we are debating the impact that we have had on the earth, while we do have some impact on it, it's not really that much if we look at it this way.

Looking at the larger picture...

Lets imagine the earths history from formation to today on a 1 mile long time line. This would represent approximately 4.6 billion years. Each inch would therefor represent roughly 72601.0101 years. The earliest "humans" existed 2.4 million years ago, because we have found and radiocarbon dated their tools to then. This would represent around 33.057 inches.

Given that modern humans have been around for roughly 10,000 of the earths 4.6 billion years, that would represent about 139/1000ths of an inch.

Now, humans as a race have only been polluting this great Earth for the last 200 years, or since the early Industrial Revolution. This time period would represent a mere 2.75 thousandths of an inch or the width of one medium sized human hair!

So measure out a mile on your road, pull out a hair, lay it down on the ground and ask yourself if it really is worth all this bickering over one hairs diameter? I'd like to think not, lol.

BUT, dumping trash still isn't right in my eyes, it's just not worth 7+ pages of bickering.

If this all seems too complicated for you, pm me and I can send you my calculations. :D