PDA

View Full Version : Trailer questions

yfz48rdr
02-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I am considering buying an enclosed trailer this summer, probably a 7x14 2 axle deal. Has anybody on here ever installed an alarm on their trailer? I figure it will have to have a battery that needs to be charged every so often, when the trailer is not plugged into the harnass on the truck. Any ideas or info are appriciated. Thanks.

quad9
03-06-2007, 07:51 AM
i was thinking of the same thing.
my trailer has the brake-a-way system on it, and i was thinking of useing that battery. i have not checked into this yet, so i dont know how it will work or not.

STEVENJANNA
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I have a deep cycle optima battery with a battery charger mounted in a trap door under my trailer that I use for all of my 12v needs, motorized trailer lift, interior lighting, break away system, security system and sound system. When the trailer is running on the generator (for all my 120v equipment) the charger charges the battery and I have not had any problems.

Trevor
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Just using a charger sounds like the best idea that way the battery will always be charged.

STEVENJANNA that sounds like a nice trailer.

Scott-300ex
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Make an Electro Magnet on the wheels and give it power threw the trailer brakes or lights, then whenever you pull it the wheel turns and charges your battery.

Your Welcome.

LoL

yfz48rdr
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
STEVENJANNA , How long will your battery hold the charge after you shut down the generator, with no accessories running? I am just concerned about the alarm not working when the battery starts to go weak. I don't get to ride as often as I would like, and the trailer may sit for 2 weeks. Not sure about how much current the alarm would draw when it is not "alarming".