PDA

View Full Version : banshee over flow and coolant problem

motooko
02-27-2007, 04:23 PM
hey guys i have an 89 banshee and i cant seem to find where the bottom hose on the over flow runs to .... theres a t piece that connects the breather on the top of the radiator and that is hooked to the hose at the bottom of the over flow.... there is a hose also comming from the water pump.... where might that run? possibly only a breather? thanx guys

firefighterjosh
02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Not sure exactly what you are asking but here is a link to the parts catalo9ge for them maybe you can see what tubing you are talking about point it out better to us. Left hand side of the site you just click on what you wanna look at

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

motooko
02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
thanx i will try that but i have the manual and it doesnt help

motooko
02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
and wat i mean ... is if u look at the bottom of ur coolant tank under ur seat u will c 2 hoses... the bottom one runs across the quad... where to i dk its hooked to 2 other hoses im pretty sure but wat ones

firefighterjosh
02-28-2007, 06:22 PM
So your talking about the overflow bottle???? Yea one hose goes from the top of your rad to your over flow bottle. I just took my over flow bottle off and ran the tube from the top of the radiator strait down.

Adn for some reason that link isn't going where it is suppsoe to go:grr:

Dinner
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
The one hose I think come from the rad, and flows into the bottle. The other hose is another breather hose. It will run into the T above the case(that tube out of the case plugs into the T connector) and then you can run this hose where you please. I ran mine up, then down and so if my engine gets too warm it drips coolant on my lower a-arm. So then i am able to check when shee is running hot. Hope this helps

motooko
03-01-2007, 01:03 PM
it does thanx i do have a small ? tho... if i run the 3rd hose as a breather then wont the coolant just leak out of that breather hose?...or does that breather need to be higher than the bottom of the coolant res.

motooko
03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
The hose comming from the case behind the water pump was origionally tied into it... and i was getting coolant in my oil... so i doubt that is the 3rd line.... if i pour coolant into the res. it will drain out the 3rd opening that is a breather... i never had so much difficulty with a stupid overflow b4!!

TWILES
03-01-2007, 01:31 PM
We just took the tank off mine. It was too much trouble to work around when tearing the bike apart plus its not really neccesary.

loboboy
03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by motooko
The hose comming from the case behind the water pump was origionally tied into it... and i was getting coolant in my oil... so i doubt that is the 3rd line.... if i pour coolant into the res. it will drain out the 3rd opening that is a breather... i never had so much difficulty with a stupid overflow b4!!

The bottom line off of the overflow tank goes to the nipple on the left side of the radiator just under the radiator cap. Then the upper hose off of the overflow tank goes to the front of the bike then dumps to the ground.
This hose is just a vent so if your overflow tank gets too full it will vent out on the ground. Hope this helps.
Do not hook any of these lines to your crank case vents, otherwise you will end up with coolant in your tranny oil.

motooko
03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
i no all that but theres 3rd line the over flow and radiator hose hooks to there is a t piece that connects 3 hoses! not just the 2 wheres the 3rd one go