PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

muffin-man
02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I have an '05 TRX450R, I bought back in August of '05. When I bought it I got the full 4 year warranty, with everything. I am interested in getting either a sparks, rossier, or dasa exhaust, the HRC kit, and obviously the jetting. I DO NOT want to make any other internal engine mods other than this. Will doing these mods I have just described ruin my warranty? Is it up to the dealer if doing this will ruin it, or will honda decide this? If one of these does, which one will? Thanks.

Sjorge450R
02-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by muffin-man
I have an '05 TRX450R, I bought back in August of '05. When I bought it I got the full 4 year warranty, with everything. I am interested in getting either a sparks, rossier, or dasa exhaust, the HRC kit, and obviously the jetting. I DO NOT want to make any other internal engine mods other than this. Will doing these mods I have just described ruin my warranty? Is it up to the dealer if doing this will ruin it, or will honda decide this? If one of these does, which one will? Thanks.

my dealers dont let you do ANYTHING to the quad except for non performance parts. If you put an exhaust on and the crank bearings go, it the exhausts fault in my dealers view. Its all the dealer.

GIXXER1KR
02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
If worse came to worse u could just put the stock parts back in if it were a concern and i would because i believe a rep from honda looks at it!!!:devil:

muffin-man
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I would definetly have the dealer install these parts, because I don't know that much about these things, and I can't afford to screw up. I think what I should do is ask the dealer next time I get some maintenance done what there policy is on aftermarket parts and if their warranty will cover these parts.

Architects
02-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Its not the dealers decision its Honda's.

slick7108514
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
my dealer said that as long as i dont put a big bore kit on my bike then the warranty will be fine. i am even allowed to install the parts myself, but we will see if they actually honor their word.....

muffin-man
02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Architects
Its not the dealers decision its Honda's.

Someone must have the official word from honda on if they will still cover your warranty with aftermarket parts. Remember any time you modify a component on your quads, you alter the way honda built it to run, so if you put in say an aftermarket high compression piston and it blows a hole in your block honda would most likely not cover it, as the engine was not running within the parameters honda set for it. I don't think jetting it and putting in the HRC kit (which I think honda endorses) and an exhaust system would take it out of warranty, but if someone knows please tell me. Thanks for the input.

fatkid400
03-02-2007, 07:18 AM
If you have a good dealer they just wont tell Honda what youve done to the bike.Just dont take the motor apart.The pipe wont hurt anything.

450ERRRRRR!
03-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Thats what my dealer also said. I asked about if I should wait till my warrenty expries till I put some performance parts on . He said if theres a problem we just want tell them.
They get paid for warrenty work so I cant see why they would not want to fix a problem with your guad. I'd ask the owner or General Manager first.

the yazer
03-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I just got my 05 450r back from the dealer yesterday, bad crank bearings. they basically had to replace everyting but the valve cover and clutch cover $3,600 in parts (I know that sounds high but thats what they told me) warranty covered everyting. my 450r has pipe, cam, 12:1 piston, a-arms elkas the whole package they did not care, only thing they put the stock piston back in.