PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

richmond559
02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Well I finally have some money to fix the raptors tranny..Yes 2001.....Im asking for some info what I should or shoulnt do..Came across a guy that works on raptors and he says hes replaced just the 2nd gear on the tranny and hasnt had any problems sooooooo far.Id like to spend as little as possible on tranny so I can put either the +4mm crank or big bore kit ..I dune ride only soo id like to get your opinions..I know the 686 is the easiest gain but 719-720 im sure is a huge diff.. I know this topic has been gone over many times but id like to be fresh when I let him know what to do..Oh ya should I look into 2002 tranny or ripper tranny..Id like to keep the expence of the tranny down again .I have a eddie sanders pipe and k&n filter with jet kit,I have the 13 tooth front sprocket...Soo in closing what do you all think.Thanks pete.

Glenyzracer25
02-28-2007, 12:43 AM
i did the same. i just replaced the gears that were out, but be sure to inspect for wear. the shiftdrum is probally the cause of your tranmission going out. i replaced the shiftdrum, shift forks, and the gears on both shafts and have been riding it ever since.