PDA

View Full Version : carb question

madeincanada123
02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
i just took the carb off but the throttle cable is still on there. should i disconnect the cable at the throttle or at the carb? also, if i disconnect it from the carb will there be any problems or anything when i put it back together...like gettin the right rpm or or idol or does it just bolt back on without worring about nething?

Scro
02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
It would probably be a little easier to take it off the carb. You should just be able to take the side cover off, take the lock nut off the cable jacket, and slip the cable out.

pigpin
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
take the two little screws out of the black case on the side, remove the plate and then take the cable off there. ive had mine off 3495873948753 times in the past few days tring to get it correctly, hope this helps, and good luck, dont worry about the idle, its controled by the idle screw, ull see this when you get the side cover off.

madeincanada123
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
ok just my luck those two screw are stripped when i went out to check them....any other way to do it? can i just take it off the throttle and not the carb or should i take the bolt off the top of the carb and will this even get the cable out? i think ide prefer to just take it off the throttle. doesnt it affect idle tho up there depending on like how much its screwed in? and lastly, will a 42 pilot jet work in warm and cold weather?

is there anyway to get stripped screws off without drilling? its too risky for me to drill into the carb and they are tight enouph where i cant get vice grips on them and twist them out