PDA

View Full Version : Black Plastics

RipinItUp 400EX
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
I was just wondering how much black plastics cost and where is the cheapest to get them. I want to get the Black One industries Graphics kit.

Scro
02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
The cheapest route will probably OEM. I think I paid less than 300 for a full set about a year ago.

Sjorge450R
02-27-2007, 04:25 PM
DONT GET BLACK!!!

GIXXER1KR
02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree black are the worst i have black and am really wanting white!!!

IMSROLL450R
02-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I know black looks good at first but I'm a believer in what the dealership told me when I bought my black R. I noticed that it was a little scuffed here and there and their reply was he** , black comes scratched from the factory. You cant even set on it without scratchin it somewhere.

Sjorge450R
02-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
I know black looks good at first but I'm a believer in what the dealership told me when I bought my black R. I noticed that it was a little scuffed here and there and their reply was he** , black comes scratched from the factory. You cant even set on it without scratchin it somewhere.

haha, yea thats the truth. I only got black because my dealer was gay and wouldnt put some red on it... :(. Im getting green plastic anyway next year....:)

Flyin-Low
02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Black looks amazing!!!

As long as you don't ride your quad.. EVER.
The first day I had the R my buddy jumped on it and took er' for a spin. He was wearing boots and as soon as he got off I could see gargantuan scratches all along the side... :(

Well, as long as you don't ride ALOT and you have enough time to wash your quad REALLY well after every ride and then armor all it. You should be fine.

-Martin

4bidden
02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I've got some used stock black plastics I'll sell ya for $45 so you can see if you like the look! :)

pro-rider46
02-28-2007, 08:03 PM
go to yamaha of troy.com they have real cheap plastics, black oems are like 250.00 i think

ps they have really cheap other parts

rlplive
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
What is the big problem with black? I mean yeah it gets scratched, but you spray some wd40 or tire foam on it and it looks fine. All of the colors scratch just as easily but maybe just don't show up as easily. If you keep your plastic clean and take care of it then it won't be a problem. If you want black don't let them scare you away
Ryan

ps check ebay man

rlplive
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
go to yamaha of troy.com they have real cheap plastics, black oems are like 250.00 i think

ps they have really cheap other parts
yamaha of troy does have cheap stuff, but they also sent me the wrong rear fender twice.

eganracing
02-28-2007, 08:46 PM
i have black plastics and i dont want any other color. sure it dosent look great close up but i really dont care to much. plus most people cover up there plastics with tons of stickers anyways. if u want black go for it.

nowukno
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I love my black plastics , but like someone said before alot of people cover the plastics up with graphics & decals. A little armor all works wonders. I have had mine for almost 2 years and they still look pretty good.

450rJam
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Im not sorry I got black, wouldnt mind the white just for a change once in a while.

I got the one industries tribal and it covers alot of plastic, really hides alot of scratches.

like above, a little armour-all and it looks sweet again.