PDA

View Full Version : ignition problem?

05Z400rdr
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
ok so the other week we were out riding in the snow and we stopped at rutters for like the 3rd time that day for food, and my friends needed gas. well, we were all sitting at the gas pumps, and i went to pull my key out to go inside. it wouldnt come out. i figured it was just because i couldnt grasp it right with my gloves....but it wasnt it was stuck. my friend was finally able to wiggle it out.

so when we came outside, we were gettin ready to leave, and i put the key in, but my key would not turn at all. like we could put the key in out (which was still extremely hard to do). so, we figured it was frozen because of all the snow and water and ice. so i went back into rutters and bought a can of de-icer. we sprayed de-icer on the key and finally we were able to turn the key. but, at this point, the whole ignition was loose...like the nut on it. so i went to fix it and i tightened the nut. the key still turns like new, but it is REALLY hard to get out when i wanna take it out. what is the problem???????

sry really long post. all suggestions appreciated!!!

05Z400rdr
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
any ideas any1??????

Trx250rider86
02-28-2007, 02:49 PM
wow... beats me good luck

05Z400rdr
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
i tried wd40 just a couple minutes ago..worked great! works like new again! wat i think the problem was is that there was dried up de-icer in there..and on the key that i wiped off.

Landon