PDA

View Full Version : Advice Check out this plan

The Great
02-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Im going to build a Foam pit/ Kicker ramp in my back yard for my little pit bike. Im thinking of making the frame out of pvc pipe and connectiong some orange construction nets those plastic kind to keep the foam in. Maybe about 7 to 8 foot high, 10 wide idk how long what do yall think? Also my kicker ramp how should i build that How big long etc. I want to make it in the foam pit first try not land. Also should i put tires at the bottom of this pit then fill it up with foam to the top? or what? Plz Help

400exrider707
02-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The Great
Im going to build a Foam pit/ Kicker ramp in my back yard for my little pit bike. Im thinking of making the frame out of pvc pipe and connectiong some orange construction nets those plastic kind to keep the foam in. Maybe about 7 to 8 foot high, 10 wide idk how long what do yall think? Also my kicker ramp how should i build that How big long etc. I want to make it in the foam pit first try not land. Also should i put tires at the bottom of this pit then fill it up with foam to the top? or what? Plz Help

Wasn't this already posted at one point? PVC? Is that a joke or are you serious? Do you have the money/access to flame retardent foam or are you only jumping bmx bikes in?

trick250r
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
we can tell you how to do everyting except get out from the pit when its collapsed bc of PVC and/or when it catches fire.

right now im going to say (and everyone that doesnt agree with me can jump into a fire pit bc its about the same thing) use something stronger than PVC. a pit bike may not weigh much but still, its enough to collapse the PVC. #2... use fire retartdant foam. i may sound like an ********* right now but when it comes to stuff like this, its not worth the risk... id rather break a bone than be burnt to death.

The Great
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Alright dudes im using wood chill. But na im launching my pit bike off of it. So the plan is 10 foot high somewhere fro 12-16 feet wide and really long. Maybe a 8 foot kicker ramp going into it and yes fire proof foam. its gonna be bad ***