PDA

View Full Version : Something to cover rear plastic where boot rubs??

jbplayfz450
02-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm getting new plastics for my YFZ and dont want the boot rub to make them shotty looking after the first ride!

DFR sells a strip of gripper type graphics that goes on the rear fender where your boot rubs, but it's $35 plus shipping....! :shocker:

Where can I get a graphic to go there, either clear or whatever for cheap?

Call me a cheap *** if you want, but I dont want to spend $50 for a strip of graphics the size of a magazine cover! :nono:

gotwarrior
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
They do make a carbon fiber look alike sticker that you can put in different places, that way you don't rub on you plastic..

88blaster
02-27-2007, 01:49 PM
could just put clear box tape on the fender, very cheap and if it gets crappy looking in a few rides, peel it off and put new stuff on

just a thought

m.h.s.c.#527
02-27-2007, 02:06 PM
tech specs or teck specs idk how u spell it

Jimmie600
03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I had just installed a new graphics kit on my quad, and noticed a few spots where my boots were rubbing on it, after the first ride. Before the graphics kit, I had put some of the aluminum tape where they rubbed. It really didn't look all that good, because you still get the rub, its just on whatever you stick on there, not on the plastic. I went to Walmart, and in the arts and crafts area, they have some squares of felt. They have them in several different colors, and they are less than a buck each. I trimmed the felt to fit the spots on my boots that rubbed, then simply glued the felt to my boots. It is kind of on the same principle as the suede leather panel on the inside side of some boots, like the Thor Quadrants, for example. I actually brought mine up to the top and rolled it over to the inside, because I could see that the top had rubbed at some point. I used grey because it looked good with my boots. Of course, you have to keep your boots clean. If you let the felt get caked with mud, then nothing will help you. I get in plenty of mud, but I wash my boots after each ride so I always start clean. Since I did that, I haven't seen any more wear.

ShiftFMX
03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
My Parts store sell these vinyl sheets that are pretty much the same as graphics but they are square (cut them how you like) and they come in black, white and clear I believe

Old Head
03-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Dirtwheels preveiwed a product awhile back. I think it looked like black diamond plate but was not metal.

djguestone
03-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I once saw a multiple set gripper decals in this site for the same reason but can't find them. One Industries makes those nice vinyl sheets for you. I bought a carbor fiber one to make cover my rear shock resi!!

woodyzr2
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Try 3M Scotchgard paint protector...Its high quality stuff, and you can buy it in sheets of 12x12 for like 8 bucks. I used it on my frame in "high impact" areas because I cheaped out and painted it.