PDA

View Full Version : Something Missing????

pdracer440
02-27-2007, 06:47 AM
anyone notice anything missing from this pic.

Ok so here's the story. After several months of rebuilding which included a 450 carb, +3 axle, lotsa powder coat, and many other nameless items, I loaded up with some friends and headed down to Durhamtown Plantation for a little winter riding. (We live in Ohio)

On the very first day of riding I was enjoying the HUGE difference that the carb had made, and while coming over the biggest table top on the main track, I decided to air it out a little, by this I mean a 5th gear pinned launch into nowhere. Mid way through the jump I realized that i was going to miss the back side of the landing and was heading for a rough landing on the flat area or the track. I was correct in this assumption. As the quad began it's reentry to the atmospere, (at least thats what it felt like) it began to tilt slightly to the right, as it hit the ground, the left handle bar ripped from my hand and the quad made a sharp turn to the right. I attempted, unsuccessfully to grab the bar again, but at this point was already rag dolling across the tacky, red clay, of Georgia.

Once I had stopped rolling, I became aware of several areas of intense pain on my body, not to worry, nothing was broke, but man it felt like it. Moments later I returned to my quad to find that it's momentum had been stopped by a very large Georgia tree, the left side a-arms had been ripped from the bike, the front bumper was shattered like a peice of glass, and the frame had been redirected about two inches to the left. Needless to say, my day was done.

Now comes the bad part, because I was 12 hours from home, it was my first day in Georgia, and I failed to bring along a spare frame, a-arms, and pretty much a new quad, I thought I was out of luck. Fortunately, the group of guys I went with decided to chip and get me a rental for the rest of the weeks ride. No not a quad, a brand new '07, Honda 250F. WOW!!! I hate to admit it, but I'm now trying to talk the wife into a new bike purchase. These things are great.

Oh, and just for the record, I WILL NOT STOP RACING THE QUAD!!!
It's just gonna take some time to get it back to riding condition.

Enjoy the pic of destruction, and if you have never been to Durhamtown, look it up and amke palns, this place is the greatest

SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG, BUT I HAD TO TELL THE STORY!.

300exOH
02-27-2007, 07:14 AM
OUCH! Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Entertaining story though. I see you're from Rittman...I basically grew up there and in Wadsworth. Don't see too many Rittman folk on here...

Anyways good luck fixing the quad.

gilliam2364
02-27-2007, 07:22 AM
at least you had fun. lol. sorry to hear about the bike.

400exrider707
02-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Yeah that was a good story. That pic makes me want to cry. Any pics of the pieces? I want to see the shattered bumper! haha!

Eviltanker
02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Did you front end let loose due to the front a-arm extention? sorry bout the crash at least you walked away.

krt400ex
02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
wow, that sucks...especially on your first ride after an extensive rebuild. so, you goona get a new machine or make another project quad out of this one?

400EXTRA
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
WHATS MISSING? JUST JOKIN

trx400EXtreme
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
sorry dude. good story though. i like the way u put, "rag dolling across the tacky, red clay, of Georgia".:p :D

pdracer440
02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Did you front end let loose due to the front a-arm extention? sorry bout the crash at least you walked away.

No, actually they held up pretty well. They bent of course, but not nearly as bad as the a-arms. I would guess that they may have been the reason that the frame bent though, it would be my guess that if they hadn't been on, it would have just ripped the a-arm mounts away from the frame. All in all, I would absolutely use them again.

pdracer440
02-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
wow, that sucks...especially on your first ride after an extensive rebuild. so, you goona get a new machine or make another project quad out of this one?

Heck no, I can't get rid of this thing now, I would lose my *****. I'll throw it in the garage and start surfin e-bay for some new parts, but in the mean time, I've talked the wife into the purchase of an '06 crf250. I know I know, its a bike, but hey, at least its still a Honda!

pdracer440
02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Yeah that was a good story. That pic makes me want to cry. Any pics of the pieces? I want to see the shattered bumper! haha!

If you look close, laying on the seat, you will notice a DG bumper, well at least part of it. The missing piece is actually in several small pieces somewhere around Union Point Georgia:D

firefighterjosh
02-28-2007, 04:16 AM
That really sucks....but look at the bright side you got a new toy:D

JOEX
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Three wheelers are fun to ride too:macho :devil:

krt400ex
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Three wheelers are fun to ride too:macho :devil:

not for me, i think they are toooooo tippy.. scare the $h!t outa me

bagged92sdime
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
i dont see the problem...that was perfectly ridable...lol...ok...ok...well, itll buff out...^_^ glad ur ok tho...