PDA

View Full Version : need a little help

Moded86R
02-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey there.Been a while since I've been on here.

I have a 04 yfz450 and it hasn't started since last summer!

The last time I rode it I rode it all day long at st joe.I got it out of my truck and rode it down the road before I put it away.At the end of the road the plug in the head popped out and blew oil all over the place.I shut the bike off and pulled it home.It never started since.I started looking around and found there was a small black plug on the top of the carb missing.I went to the local dealer and bought the plug.I also replaced the compression plug.

Since then it still has not started.It is getting spark and I took the carb off and made sure the needle and seat was not stuck and the jets where clean.The carb seems to be fine.

I have tried both the electric start and pull starting it with another bike.

I am stumped.I was hoping someone had some idea's.

Thanks for anyhelp!

ridesa02400EX
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
are you getting compression? you oil blew all over the place. how much oil?

ridesa02400EX
02-27-2007, 06:06 PM
are you getting compression? you said that oil blew all over the place. how much oil did you lose? it only takes a second blow your engine with no oil

Moded86R
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't have a compression gauge for that bike.But if you take the plug out if blows hard out of the cylinder.

I was just trying to get it to start.And it acts like it is out of time.The plug that was in it was a cr8e and I put a cr7e in it.I know it's a colder plug.But it should still start.It has spark and it is getting fuel and it seems to have compression.It backfires out of the carb.

How can I check to see if it's in time?.I rebuilt my whole R motor.This thing is alot different though.

I guess I will have to take the engine to a shop.

I'm not a yamaha guy.But this bike is a blast when she runs.It has given me some issue's though.