PDA

View Full Version : How do I go faster

nj87ttype
02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
How can I make my 300 EX faster without paying out the ***? I was thinkin get it bored out like .60? or get a cam. I would get it done at the local shop so I was wondering how much this would cost for parts & labor (ballpark range). Thanks for any input. P.S- I already have full white bro's exhaust, K&N filter & jet kit.

caucasian
02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
this is a cheap way to get more out of it. on 400 i put a 14 tooth spoket on it instead of the stock 15 for more snap but if you want more long run speed get a bigger sproket like a 16.

underpowered
02-27-2007, 04:17 AM
Mods won't make you faster, they just give you more power. in order to go faster, you have to change your gearing. all boring it out, adding a cam, adding a pipe, etc.. will do is get you to your top speed quicker, but it will still only top out the same as a stock one. to make it faster you need to get either a larger front sprocket, a smaller rear sprocket, or taller tires.

400EXTRA
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
SIMPLE PRACTICE MORE

Tater049
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
Mods won't make you faster, they just give you more power. in order to go faster, you have to change your gearing. all boring it out, adding a cam, adding a pipe, etc.. will do is get you to your top speed quicker, but it will still only top out the same as a stock one. to make it faster you need to get either a larger front sprocket, a smaller rear sprocket, or taller tires. go to the rossier website, and with a rossier pipe, jet kit and k&n, you can go faster by around 6mph. Leave it to the pro's to find the info. I'm serious go to the Rossier website, it says it.

underpowered
02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Tater049
go to the rossier website, and with a rossier pipe, jet kit and k&n, you can go faster by around 6mph. Leave it to the pro's to find the info. I'm serious go to the Rossier website, it says it.

well it is simple physics. in order to gain speed, you need to turn the tires at a higher RPM. this can ONLY be done by either changing gearing, taller tires, or higher engine RPM's. no other way, period. id you are running 5th gear WOT at the rev limiter on a stock bike, it will be the same MPH as 5th gear WOT on a full blown race bike unless gearing, tire, or rev limit has been changed.

Engine mods like a pipe, BB kit, cam, carb will get you to top speed quicker, but unless you change sprockets, run taller tires, or raise the rev limit, you will still only go as fast as a stock bike.

Tater049
02-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Yea but i mean obviously when its hitting the rev limiter at top speed and it wants more, there is a way to get a higher top speed. Tires, Rev Box, Gears, Sprockets.

400exrider707
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Lose weight:o

400eXr1d3rZ
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 400EXTRA
SIMPLE PRACTICE MORE

Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Turn caps lock OFF!

northwest Texas
02-27-2007, 08:48 PM
On something like a 300EX I can see maybe improving top speed a mph with the simple addition of a pipe for example. Theoretically, engine mods will not increase top speed, only changes in final drive ratio would do that.

However, if a quad (for arguments sake I'm just pulling #'s out of nowhere) could go 60mph @ 7,000rpms all stock then it is conceivable that the addition of a pipe (for example) could possibly gain 1mph. If the mod were to allow the engine to create just enough more power on top to rev an additional 250rpms, then it is conceivable a gain in top speed could be possible.

As to the threads origionator's inital question, are you wanting to go faster as in top speed or are you wanting a quicker quad? You need to answer as each could yield you two different answers. A cam would be a good addition for a nominal cost.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
WHO CARES DUDE

400exrider707
02-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
On something like a 300EX I can see maybe improving top speed a mph with the simple addition of a pipe for example. Theoretically, engine mods will not increase top speed, only changes in final drive ratio would do that.

However, if a quad (for arguments sake I'm just pulling #'s out of nowhere) could go 60mph @ 7,000rpms all stock then it is conceivable that the addition of a pipe (for example) could possibly gain 1mph. If the mod were to allow the engine to create just enough more power on top to rev an additional 250rpms, then it is conceivable a gain in top speed could be possible.

As to the threads origionator's inital question, are you wanting to go faster as in top speed or are you wanting a quicker quad? You need to answer as each could yield you two different answers. A cam would be a good addition for a nominal cost.

If your already at the rev limiter which is 6850 on a 300ex, how is a pipe going to get you any more mph? The pipe doesn't increase your rev limiter. I see what you are saying but we're looking at it from the point that your maxing out mph at the rev limiter.

Tater049
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
everyone just go to the rossier website, and right in the exhaust section, you will see what it says. I am reading what they say, and they are pros. If they say it can raise your top speed, then i dont care what me or some amatuers think, im listening to the pros.

400exrider707
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tater049
everyone just go to the rossier website, and right in the exhaust section, you will see what it says. I am reading what they say, and they are pros. If they say it can raise your top speed, then i dont care what me or some amatuers think, im listening to the pros.

If a pro told you to jump off a bridge......:rolleyes:

Trevor
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
The more power the motor makes the taller gearing you will be able to run which will give you a higher top speed.

Tater049
02-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
If a pro told you to jump off a bridge......:rolleyes: are we all talking about jumping off bridges. Is this website about jumping off bridges. No. So, i would listen to a pro about atv's if they are a pro for atv's. thats taking it to the next level.

bwamos
02-28-2007, 01:43 PM
You can not gain top speed with pipe/filter/jet/cam/etc..
The bone stock 300ex/250x directly off the showroom floor fully corked up will hit the factory rev limit.

CDI Rev increase, tires, & gearing are the only things that will change your top speed.

More hp, will however allow you to gear taller effectivly. But without a change in rpm limit, gearing and/or tire diameter you can not go any faster than a bone stock 300ex.

Tater049
02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
yea but usually you dont hit the rev limiter with a bone stock quad. If you do, then you obviously got the beast to go a little bit faster.

redline400ex
03-01-2007, 05:50 AM
15/37 Sprockets, that's what I have on my 300ex and love it...