PDA

View Full Version : motor

caucasian
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Whats up people?i got a question hopefully someone can answer.Alright i started my 400ex today and there was a light scratching noise coming from my engine i though it was just something minor like a worn ring or something like that so i took off.about a half hour into my ride it started bogging out on me a little bit so i figured it was just the ****ty midgrade gas i was using. That went on for about ten minutes then it lost all power and started stalling on me so i tried to get back and it and it started making a really bad grinding noise so i shut it of and got towed back when i was waiting i opened my oil cap and smoke was coming out of it thats when i finally got the picture i fried something!does any body got an idea whats wrong?

Quad Dude
02-28-2007, 04:00 PM
sounds to me like you just locked it up. good way to tell is if you take the oil reserve drain plug out and there is no oil. and if there isnt any oil you should be looking into at least a new piston and rings likey a hone or a bore for the cyclinder and if your really lucky you get to repace the crank to top things off.

good luck to ya.