PDA

View Full Version : White Brothers E Series Rebuild kit??

250RGUY
02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I have never owned a 4 stroke so this E-series pipe is new to me. The previous owner removed all the discs and the spark arrester. I bought these parts to put back in. 12 discs plus a spark arrester and 6 bolts came from White Brothers with the kit. Should all 12 discs plus the spark arrester go on? I dont think the screws are long enough. Anyone ever rebuild one of these things?

400eXr1d3rZ
02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
You don't have to put all disks in, but if you want to that's fine. It just makes it louder. The screws will fit.

northwest Texas
02-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I have one, a slip on, and when my motor was stock, I liked the fewer disks (I think I had 5, as it seemed to provide more torque down low. I've had 12 disks on and it seems more top end oriented. It all depends on your riding conditions too.

Also, supposedly the few disks the quieter it is as well although I can't tell for sure.

I just repacked mine and haven't taken it for a spin but it's definately quieter with the new packing. it's not too hard but takes some work to get the new packing in and the bolts aligned.

Any more questions just ask.

250RGUY
02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I sure hope your wrong about fewer discs making it quieter. The only reason I bought the discs was to hopefully quiet it down a bit. With nothing at all on the end it is so loud its annoying to ride. I'll try it with half the discs in and see what I have. The motor is stock with a K&N kit, jets and air cleaner...We will see what I have with the discs and spark arrester on it tomorrow. Thanks

speedphreake
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
You can also get a quiet core insert. Its basically one of the discs with a smaller pipe in it so the outlet of the muffler is alot smaller. I put one on mine and its sounds alot better, alot less ear piercing tone to it.

250RGUY
02-28-2007, 05:02 AM
So I put 8 discs in plus the spark arrester. Its quieted down a lot but I feel I lost a ton of power. Sometimes less sound makes you think their is less power when there really isn't. Does anyone know what adding more discs or less discs does for your engine performance?

cbr929rr
02-28-2007, 05:08 AM
adding disks will increase top end power, and taking out disks will increase bottom end. About 6 is a good balance. When I ride i will usually run 5 disks with a 40 pilot jet, 152 main, uni air filter, and I dropped one tooth on the front sprocket. I like alot of low end torque, I ride tight technical trails and like wheelies so i tune for bottom to midrange power.

02-28-2007, 07:54 AM
4 discs is the equivalent of a stock exhuast for tuning(power wise any ways)
less discs gives more low end and takes away from top end, it also lowers the outputted db.

more discs lessens the lower end and adds more speed, while making the exhuast louder.

running it without any discs and spark arrestor was allowing the sound waves to come straight out the end of the pipe without passing through the packing to lessen the sound, also it was hurting the performance since the e-series works on a back pressure...no discs to create any back pressure, the piep can't work correctly

250RGUY
02-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Everyone keeps saying the more discs the louder but that hasn't been my experience. I guess I will take a few of these discs out and make it closer to stock, I need more low end for my type of riding.

alf44
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I loved my e- series pipe i should have never got rid of it. I ran 9 disks,one tooth lower on my front sprocket from stock,white bros rev box and k&n filter with proper jetting seemed to be perfect. Plenty of low end and the rev box made up the difference on the top.:)