PDA

View Full Version : G Force Rear Hubs?

Torque_jump
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Has anyone used the G-Force Extended Rear Wheel Hubs?
Are they good or bad ?

"THE ShoP"
02-26-2007, 02:12 PM
better than spaces but I would think that they might bend the axle easy?

ImplodedMindZ
02-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I dont think the spacer would bend easy, but by putting the weeks farther out it would put more stress on your already weak stock axle. I wouldnt use em if your jumpin a good bit.

eliasxr400
02-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I just ordered some from rocky mountain. They should be here by Friday. I ride pretty hard and am 230lb so it will be a good test. They were $79.99 and the durablue wheel spacers were $84.99. Personally I think the hubs will be better.

honda300EXtreme
02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
yea, i would try them over wheel spacers, especially durablue i bought a pair of rear hubs from them and they stipped out after i ride, and they pretty much said to bad.

plus the hubs look good look good

make sure to let us know how they hold up

PismoLocal
02-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by eliasxr400
I just ordered some from rocky mountain. They should be here by Friday. I ride pretty hard and am 230lb so it will be a good test. They were $79.99 and the durablue wheel spacers were $84.99. Personally I think the hubs will be better.

Post some pics once you get them on I have been curious about how these hubs look when mounted since there release.

TRFOXX
02-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah lets see some pics of these on and let me know how well they perform, being a bigger rider i didnt know if these would bend easier?

scruff_mcruff
02-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by TRFOXX
Yeah lets see some pics of these on and let me know how well they perform, being a bigger rider i didnt know if these would bend easier?

Billet wont bend, it will break. id be more worried about what the guy said earlier, putting extra leverage on the stock axle making it bend easier.

400exrider707
02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
They're the same thing as spacers except a solid one piece design... still gonna bend that axle easier.:rolleyes:

Torque_jump
02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Well I did order and have recieved them already they look real nice. They come with 4 washers that I believe go between the hub and axle.
Can anyone confirm this?

thanks for the reply's I will have to let you know how they hold up.

I can post picks when I get them installed

EXMARK
03-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Any pics yet? How are the holding up?

Torque_jump
03-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I installed them and went riding on Sunday but I did not have time to get pictures yet. The do look stronger and nicer than stock. :p

Torque_jump
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I also figured out that the 4 washers that came with the hub are 2 different sizes. The washer with the largest opening goes on then the hub, then the other washer and then the lock nut.

eliasxr400
03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Post some pics once you get them on I have been curious about how these hubs look when mounted since there release.

Still waiting for mine. UPS had a broblem and my order was delayed. they should be here 3/6. Im not going to install them to I get my shocks and A-arms. I will take pics.

mcleod
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
any update on this part? i was looking for buying some since my stock hub are not in usable condition lol

they extend 1.25" each side if i remember.

eliasxr400
03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by mcleod
any update on this part? i was looking for buying some since my stock hub are not in usable condition lol

they extend 1.25" each side if i remember.

I recieved mine but have not installed them yet. I am waiting for my suspension parts. My rear shock is at C&D getting rebuilt and I'm waiting for front works shocks and houser +2 arms.

The hubs themselves look very good. I think they will be better than spacers. I will report back on the install and fit. I'll take pics. Also they are 1.75" on each side, 3.5" total according to Rocky Mountain.

roostonu
03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Those hubs do look pretty sweet,but bang for the buck u can get the G Force axle for $200 and a new lock nut for $50.Ive abused mine for 8 months so far no troubles.

mcleod
04-09-2007, 01:12 AM
so, anyone of you have some feedback/picture of this thing? :P

eliasxr400
04-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by mcleod
so, anyone of you have some feedback/picture of this thing? :P
No pics yet, will get some.
They make the back really wide. With stock rims and tires it is at 49.5". It is wider than the front with stock rims & tires with +2" Housers.
I have run thru 3 tanks of gas on them and have had no ridability problems. I have made some pretty big jumps with no problems yet. Instalation was very easy and they fit very good. They are better than spacers in my opinion. The handeling is great but I wish I would have spent $100 more for the Gforce axle so I have some adjustabillity. People on here seem to like the Gforce axle.
The Gforce hubs are a well made product and worth it if you are tight on money.
If not Save the money for the axle. JMO

mcleod
04-09-2007, 09:12 PM
im interresed in buying this product because my rear stud are worn, each time i bolt my wheel, i need a new nut since the tread is screwed.

i could probably change only the stud and go for the axle.

dont really know wich im gonna choose.