PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable

redrider ex
10-02-2002, 10:17 AM
what is the best clutch cable to buy mine broke again today and thats the 3rd one this year they have all been Motion pro.:mad:

Razorback
10-02-2002, 10:27 AM
you know what i'd tell ya! hydraulic all the way. pretty expensive though, but if you add up the cost of a bunch of broken cables, you'll eventually spend that much anyway...

oynot400
10-02-2002, 10:27 AM
Where is it breaking at and what are you using for a lever? The only time I have broke a clutch cable was when I had a MSR Raptor clutch lever. All I have used is the stock Honda cables, with good luck.

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-02-2002, 10:33 AM
OEM, or Motion Pro...both are good....

redrider ex
10-02-2002, 10:34 AM
right now to get the hydralic clutch but the funds are alittle low
as far as where they are breaking two have broke right at the lever and the other one broke down by the clutch arm.O and im using a sun line lever.

TRFOXX
10-02-2002, 11:43 AM
I have an MSR Rapture lever and havent had any problems with breaking cables its been on now for almost 2 years its all in how you line up your lever, straight as possable. If you have it going in crooked then yeah your going to break cables!

ChadEXer
10-02-2002, 06:11 PM
I have heard the OEM cables are best and thats what ive always ran with no problems!!! It wont be long and Ill have me a Hydraulic one though,,,,I bet the complete Hinson setup with TC plates and springs is going to be kinda hard to pull!!!!!