PDA

View Full Version : I just bought 2 !

2old2race
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I just bought 2- 2005 Eton's off ebay.
I got them for what I think is a good price- $1225.

So, now the hardest thing will be keeping them from my son until his birthday- September.

Thanks for all your advice guys on my other thread.

I am going to go pick them up shortly. Is there anything in particular I should look for in these quads? I feel for $600 each, it is hard to go wrong even if thery have some 'issues'!

ww228king
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
yeah, that dont sound bad at all.....

etondaddy
02-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Post some pics when you get them. I wouldn't look for anything just load them up and go home. We'll help you with any problems they may have.

2old2race
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks! You're one of the guys who have been a big help!

I was told over the weekend by my local shop NOT to buy an Eton or DRR. It is too hard for them to find parts to work on them. Who said anything about them working on our quads? :p

These two little 70's will be my first experience with anything off-road with 4 wheels.

Assistance on where to buy a good quality, in depth service manual would be great! ;)

Thanks!
Eric

mxdad423
02-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey glad to hear you got a couple of e-ton's thats cool, you will be very happy with them. The big market dealers always tell you that because they want you to buy what they sell, trust me you can get any parts for etons from stock parts to performance parts with no problem, I am a dealer with a couple of companys on all of the performance parts and I can also get just about all the stock parts I even have alot of stock parts here that only have about 1 or 2 hours on them so if you ever need anything just let me know...... Have fun with the new bikes, I also build these bikes for racing so I know them inside and out so if you have any questions just give me a shout anytime I would be glad to help..

motoxgirl419
02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
welcome to the E-ton world of racing. We have a 2004 Eton and my daugher loves it. Yes we have had our fair shares of break downs but who hasn't? We have no trouble finding parts when we do. But there are alot of parts out there that will work on several different makes. I know we use polaris stuff quite a bit.

Thats along time to try and keep a secret that big!! lol. I wouldnt be able to keep it. I get too excited. Anyways, Congrats!!!

2old2race
02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Well, I picked them up last night...I am VERY pleased. I really do feel I got them for a steal!
Most everything is in very nice condition. The rear fenders are broken loose from the mounts. Is there any type of glue you guys use to adhere plastic?

The motors are very strong! Much stronger than I thought for a 6 year old's quad. lol I guess I will need to adjust the limiters.

Anyway, here are the pics from the auction. As I had hoped, underneath all the dirt and snow, the quads are in very nice condition.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?uid=6315979&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=140088532450

I am betting (even though I am not) I could clean one of these two and sell it for $1000 itself.

Now how do I keep my mouth shut until September? Ain't gonna happen! :p

markvette
02-28-2007, 08:15 AM
dont think glue will hold. my sons fender broke at the mount too. i added a piece of metal and drilled a hole in the fender to make a new mounting place on the fender. also if it is the blue one i have a spare set of blue rear fenders in pretty good shape.

Mark

etondaddy
02-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Not bad looks like you did good.......... Like Markvette said fab up a metal bracket for those rear fenders that’s a common problem when they run in the mud, the mud sticks to the underneath of the fenders and the weight breaks those little plastic brackets. If you need anything just call. Remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

2old2race
03-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
... I am a dealer with a couple of companys on all of the performance parts and I can also get just about all the stock parts I even have alot of stock parts here that only have about 1 or 2 hours on them so if you ever need anything just let me know......
How about two brake light lenses?

Thanks.

mxdad423
03-01-2007, 02:39 PM
yea I should have those here I will check this evening when I get home and let you know...