PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Race,Should i Change Oil Cooler?

amarlowe696
02-25-2007, 09:21 PM
This is my first year racing, and i kinda need to know what i have to change besides the obvious things:confused: .

I know what most things are like Ex: axle,a-arms, i already got Ohilin Shocks ect....

Like do i have to change the oild cooler and other things i might not realize that i need to change? :ermm:

Thanks

JOEX
02-25-2007, 10:58 PM
What quad?
What kind of racing?

More details of what you've done already besides the Ohlins....

wilkin250r
02-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Honestly, almost any quad is capable of handling a few races in completely stock form, maybe add an aftermarket skidplate if you're going to be racing over rocky terrain.

Like Joe pointed out, you really haven't given us enough information to really help you out. Different types of racing require different setups.

For example, flattrack racing needs a quad low and wide, but you don't need really good shocks because you never leave the ground. MX racing has a lot of jumps, so you DO need good shocks. Cross-Country racing requires good suspension, but you do NOT want your quad to be wide.

My best advice would be to race your quad exactly like it is. Get a feel for the race environment. Talk to other racers and look at their setups and get some suggestions. But there's no reason you need to go out and spend thousands of dollars in upgrades for your first race. Just go give it a try, and you'll learn for yourself the types of upgrades you'll need.

amarlowe696
02-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Im gonna be racing RMR. Its Mx, im use to the race environment, i know what i need, mainly asking any other recommendations other than the listed items.
-dont need skid plates, have a lot of friends that race. What im gettting as of now...
- A-arms Lonestar +3's
- Have Ohlin fronts
- Getting rear soon
- Team Firestick +3 Axle
- Need to get different rims so im not over 50"
- Gibson +1 Stiring Stem
- Bingstar Nerfbars (Probably)
- Tag Handlebars
- Killswitch:rolleyes:
- Beadlocked tires rear is only really needed.
- and a pipe, prob HMF
- Most Likely Not gonna do any engine work...
Think thats it.... off the top of my head.

Thanks

dg26
02-27-2007, 09:05 AM
steering stabilizer