PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Ideas

RippinIt
02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I need a tropical vacation and I am thinking Bahamas? Has anybody been there?

m.h.s.c.#527
02-25-2007, 08:47 PM
my mom and dad went they said it was very nice

RippinIt
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
yeah looks like you can't go wrong with the bahamas. What island did your parents visit? This website looks good for investigating/planning a
bahamas vacation (http://www.grandbahamavacations.com/specials.asp)

Quad18star
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I just came back from Cuba and the weather we had was terrible .... but you don't have to worry about Cuba since Americans are not allowed there .

When leaving Cuba we had a stop over in Cancun Mexico to pick up other travellers . The weather was HOT and the beaches looked very nice .

Next year we're planning on going to the Dominican Republic and visit the beaches of Punta Cana . I've heard many great things about this area . :devil:

quads14589
02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
i took a cruise to caymon islands,cazemel and key west it was very nice specially the girls:devil:

Honda#4
02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
We went to Cancun Mexico and it was great, beaches are wonderful, girls are hot and topless, and you can eat and drink untill you can't even walk. I had a wonderful time.

02-26-2007, 12:23 PM
i been to the virgin isalnd and that was nice, we took a cruise ship...and i been to hawaii before..hawaii is literally probally the best place in the world to live, as far as crime, standard of living, weather...etc

as weird as it sounds, hawaii dont get HOT....sure they have 87 degree days and sunny but never gets into 100+ ...its very nice, check it out...

if u do go to hawaii, DO NOT go to honolulu...there are much nicer citys and towns then honolulu

mephyst
02-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I wish that I could go to Cuba!! I am half Cuban. ;)

I've also been to Cancun, and you won't find a better party spot... But the nice thing about Cancun is you can go all out raging party mode, or simply relax on the nice white-sanded beaches that feel like you are walking on flour!!

It's amazing. I am going back this summer in July.

I've also been to Alcapulco/Cuernavaca/Mexico City/Cabo for other vacations...

Cabo doesn't come close to Cancun.

quads14589
02-26-2007, 12:31 PM
cazemel they sell corona cheap becuase thats were most of it comes from people are so wasted there and they sell you stuff that you never even seen before in your lifre for like 1 buck and its good too. if you do go to cazemel stay at a resort not a apartment of a little house they r dumps

RippinIt
02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I just came back from Cuba and the weather we had was terrible .... but you don't have to worry about Cuba since Americans are not allowed there .

Yeah kinda lame that US citizens still can't travel to cuba. Too bad the weather was sucky when you visited but I bet the island was still beautiful.

When I was talking about the tropical vacation in another community some one recommended Ocean Reef Yacht Club (http://www.oryc.com/) as a great spot in the Grand Bahamas....I jumped on the website and it looks descent.

Also I looked at flights on Orbitz from a month from now to the bahamas. I found a few that were only $300 round trip.....seems like good price!

trx400EXtreme
02-27-2007, 03:55 PM
CANCUN!!! that place rocks.

Quad18star
02-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by RippinIt
Yeah kinda lame that US citizens still can't travel to cuba. Too bad the weather was sucky when you visited but I bet the island was still beautiful.

It was very nice . Nice white sand beaches for miles and miles . By far the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life ... they are so grateful for anything you give them ...everything from baby clothes , to deoderant to a pack of gum .... all these things are very expensive for them to buy .

I learned a lot from visiting the country . I learned that I take a lot for granted here in Canada and that I don't fully appreciate everything I have .

In Cuba , everyone makes the same amount of money ... 20 pesos per month ... doesn't matter if you're a gardener or a doctor . The government pays for your home , utilities , etc . The government supplies them with food , free medical care , required prescriptions ....Cuba has one of the top 5 best medical systems in the world .

Also all the children attend school ... they have schools for those that are advanced and schools for those that have trouble learning . The government pays for all the supplies and will pay for a student to become a Doctor or a lawyer or whatever they want to become .

Contrary to what people believe , Cuba is becoming more advanced , and I think the death of Castro will open them to a whole new world . You can see the advancements that have been made . Talking with other travellers , 4 years ago you saw nothing but cars from the 50's and 60's .... today , you see people driving around in new cars ... Ford F-250s , Mercedes cars , new Toyotas , etc ... but there are still quite a few classics .

Hopefully one day Americans will be able to travel and see what the country is all about . It's a spectacular place to visit ... so rich with history .

If I have a chance , I'll load up some pictures that we took so that you guys can see . Our hotel was a 2 minute walk from Restaurant Casa de Al ... which is Al Capone's old home when he used to visit Cuba ... it's now turned into a restaurant .

mephyst
02-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Man load up some pics!!! I'm half Cuban and I have many relatives that used to live there and some that still do... I always love looking at my grandparent's old pics from the 60's and such... I want to go to Cuba so bad! Some day in my life I want to be able to go, and my grandparent's would love to visit as well before they die, but they will not go back if Castro is still alive.

firefighterjosh
02-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I just went on a cruise not too long ago. It was a blast but drinks are expensive:grr:

ilpadrino113
02-28-2007, 08:42 AM
cancun.

nuf said

30liveStar
02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Ive been to many places in the world.

France
Cancun
Cabo (with girlfriends family - BLAH)
St. Thomas
Grenada
Trinidad
Puerto Rico (smells like a dumpster)
Hong Kong

and a few other hot bahama type places South that i cant remember on a cruise

However, i really dont like the hot weather, nor the sand... The coolest place out of all those was definitely Hong Kong, China (one hell of a plane ride). You can do ANYTHING you want there - if you have $100 to your name... As soon as i get a steady job (now done with school) i plan on taking me, the girlfriend, and a few friends back... Honestly though - we got lucky because my teacher had ex-students (from teaching at the hong kong academy) that were all billionaires - ect... So we got to go into alot of the "nice" restaurants for a minimal fee, and also went into some "billion dollar club" - not sure how they figure out whether you are a billionaire or not, but this place was NICE !

Also - quad18 your cuba pics look great... wish we could go there!

Tater049
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
took a carnival cruise from tampa to grand cayman, cozumel mexico, and new orleans. It was great, cozumel was the best. The sand is white and the water is clear.

RippinIt
03-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Arrrrrrrrr....It is snowing in DC right now! This weather is making me dream of the Bahamas............

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42375000/jpg/_42375667_storm_ap416.jpg

rtm1216
03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Turks / Caicos islands. I've been to the Bahamas, Jamaica and Aruba as well. The Turks / Caicos Islands were by far my favorite. Aruba would be my #2.

FourFiftyFour
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Im looking to maybe go on a small vacation this year...nothing like leaving the country or anything... Anyone know of anything good that you dont have to spend an arm and a leg on?? We arent big partiers so I am not really looking for a place thats big on clubs and such. I havent had much of an opportunity to go on a vacation so I have no clue where to even start looking lol.