PDA

View Full Version : Broken bones suck

esr250r86
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I was hitting a 60 ft tabletop at the local track and somehow nosedived into the landing and fell off my quad and barrell rolled about 15 times right onto hard packed dirt. Got off the track and walked to the trailer and felt really bad pains around my shoulder so I went to the doctor, got an x-ray and found out my collar bone is broken. Has anyone broken their collarbone? any rehab suggestions?how long does it take to heal?

trick250r
02-25-2007, 07:03 PM
they told us to put the person in a sling untill they got to a doctor but i dont know about long term care... they'll probably just make you immobilize it. i for get if its usually 3 weeks or 9 weeks for a collar bone to heal.

02-25-2007, 07:05 PM
i broke mine when i was about 8 years old (kx250 landed on me). Theres nothing really you can do about it, a cast is out of the ? because u would not be able to turn your head haha. they should give you a splint to hold your arm thats what they gave my friend but the never gave me one. I think it takes about 6 weeks to heal.

Wills 77

deathman53
02-25-2007, 07:11 PM
my friend broke both of his, the healing is a sling to immobilize your arms. There is 2 types, one sucks(its almost identical to when your break your arm), the other isn't very bad and doesn't look too bad.

TRX_450
02-25-2007, 07:15 PM
i broke mine during football season and basically thye told me not to play football or do any lifitng with my upper body....didnt put me in a cast or sling and it sucked because i couldnt ride or anything but yet i had full movement with my arm, but still to this day i cant bench right and some lifts i cant do at all

esr250r86
02-25-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah,im just in a sling and taking some pain killers when necessary. Thanks.

WheelieMan4
02-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I've broke my left one twice...and each time I got a bra looking thing to keep my shoulders back and even and then a sling for my arm...takes about 6 weeks...good luck

mephyst
02-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah it takes about 6 weeks like any other normal bone... They will more than likely give you a sling and some sort of brace to hold back your shoulders and make you have proper posture so it heals correctly. Good luck man. I just had to wear a brace because I broke my back for like 6 weeks.

1fst400
02-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I havent broken any bones yet. But the other day I was running and sliped on a patch of ice, I landed on my elbow hard. I was also holding stuff in my hand wich from what I heard is worse for it than if you arent holding anything. Somthing to do with the muscle being flexed. Anyways, its been 4 days and still bothers me. A guy at work told me it will probly take 3 weeks or so before im back to normal.:confused:

But the good news is that I have had a pinched nerve in my wrist for like 6 months. My wrist has been num on the inside, doctor said it was nothing to wory about unless it gave me troble. And now scence I smacked my elbow My wrist isnt so num anymore.