PDA

View Full Version : Clutch cable ???

MOFO
10-23-2001, 05:49 AM
Over this past weekend, when I was out riding, I lost my clutch cable...it broke. Now the thing that seemed strange is how it broke. Where the clutch cable is pressed into that little nub thing that fits into that arm down near the case, the cable pulled out of that little fitting nub thing. Kinda hard to explain, but I might take pictures so you can see what happened.

I was wondering if anyone else had this happen...not the clutch cable breaking, but having the cable actually pull out of the little nub that I was talking about....

Eric

trueblue450
10-23-2001, 07:23 PM
That happend to my friends Dirtbike. The metal part that holds the cable tight snapped. He had to get a new case cover I do believe. Don't know how it is on a wheeler though, never really looked I guess.

Guy400
10-23-2001, 07:25 PM
Eric, never had it happen to any of my quads but has happened countless times on my old bicycles. Not really a big deal, easiest thing to do is just replace it.

JabberJaw
10-23-2001, 07:27 PM
You can purchase that part for about 20 bucks.

MOFO
10-23-2001, 07:54 PM
Yea, I was lucky that Knighttime replaced this stock clutch cable with the hydraulic setup. I kinda "borrowed" his old cable ;) .... had her back up in running that day and continued on with our riding. :)

Just found it strange for it to pop out like that....

Eric

oynot400
10-24-2001, 12:57 PM
If it is what I think you are talking about, it probably was a bad crimp on the cable sheath. Not a big deal just another $15 to spend. :devil

10-25-2001, 10:22 AM
It's happened to me a few times before.