PDA

View Full Version : Jetting with HMF exhaust?

Xylene
02-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Anyone know the correct jet sizes for the HMF exhaust on the 250EX? I am keeping the airbox lid on if this matters. I am also running a Big Gun rev box.

I had this exhaust installed at Motion Enterprises in South Jersey and I must say these people are complete **** tards. Not only did they get high temp silicon all over the head of my engine, they broke the clamp and just put a hose clamp on and took months to get the replacement. They said they jetted it and stopped the backfiring it was doing since I bought it from them but it still does it out in the heat and I just swear they never touched the jetting, but I can't confirm because I am unable to tear it all apart myself at this time (no tools) and don't know the original size to begin with.

I've been fighting with them for months to fix it and they refuse (and I spent over $10,000 there on this quad) and they still haven't done a thing. Now I have to suck it up and get it done myself.. I just don't know what I should use.

ryanh250ex
02-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Xylene
Anyone know the correct jet sizes for the HMF exhaust on the 250EX? I am keeping the airbox lid on if this matters. I am also running a Big Gun rev box.

I had this exhaust installed at Motion Enterprises in South Jersey and I must say these people are complete **** tards. Not only did they get high temp silicon all over the head of my engine, they broke the clamp and just put a hose clamp on and took months to get the replacement. They said they jetted it and stopped the backfiring it was doing since I bought it from them but it still does it out in the heat and I just swear they never touched the jetting, but I can't confirm because I am unable to tear it all apart myself at this time (no tools) and don't know the original size to begin with.

I've been fighting with them for months to fix it and they refuse (and I spent over $10,000 there on this quad) and they still haven't done a thing. Now I have to suck it up and get it done myself.. I just don't know what I should use.

10,000!!!!!!! :eek2:

first, Did you even look in the 250ex Performance FAQ?? it's right there in front of you and even breaks it down for you with jetting recommendations!

I'm not trying to be mean, but please, before you make a thread at least take a few seconds to look.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
honestly it needs more air get the uni lid filter things and run a 125 its workin for me post a pic i got to see this 10,000$ 250ex

ryanh250ex
02-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
honestly it needs more air get the uni lid filter things and run a 125 its workin for me post a pic i got to see this 10,000$ 250ex

It's backfiring. It doesn't need more air.

Furthermore it's not that simple. You're running a 125 because you have motorwork. More displacement= more air= more fuel= bigger main jets. I live close to sea level and even in 40 degree weather my bike was running rich with a 128. All bikes are different but I doubt this guy needs anything near a 125.

I'm pretty sure this guy has 10,000 invested not in trick parts but rather labor , the money for a new quad, and taxes.

m.h.s.c.#527
02-25-2007, 08:54 PM
when i had jus my hmf no motorwork i had a 125 and the lid off with a stock filter

ryanh250ex
02-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
when i had jus my hmf no motorwork i had a 125 and the lid off with a stock filter

That seems pretty off. I thought i heard something about 03+ cams being slightly more agressive than in previous years, maybe that's where the difference comes.

Xylene
02-26-2007, 09:48 AM
It's not really a $10,000 bike. Way to jump on people's back. I bought a maintance plan, theft insurance and extended warranty, along with after market parts (nerf bars, handle bars, grips, rev box, exhaust, tires), full riding gear including boots and two helmets, sales tax and prep. Those things add up fast.

BTW, I was asking what people RECOMMENDED ON THE FORUM not what ONE FAQ said. I'll go somewhere else to ask for help, thanks.

ryanh250ex
02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Xylene
It's not really a $10,000 bike. Way to jump on people's back. I bought a maintance plan, theft insurance and extended warranty, along with after market parts (nerf bars, handle bars, grips, rev box, exhaust, tires), full riding gear including boots and two helmets, sales tax and prep. Those things add up fast.

BTW, I was asking what people RECOMMENDED ON THE FORUM not what ONE FAQ said. I'll go somewhere else to ask for help, thanks.

:confused: The FAQ is there for a reason, it's questions that have been asked many times over with answers that have been proven over and over again. What are you looking for that isnt there?

I sent you a PM offering to go out of my way to rejet your bike for you. Honestly man, what more do you want?

You're not exactly in a position to reject the help thats offered to you.