PDA

View Full Version : Quad cutting out, will not start

02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Well I was out just ripping it up in an orchard when the engine started to cut out as if it were running out of gas.

I tried putting it on reserve and it wouldn't fire up so I push started it with a help of a friend. It finally ran after the push but continued to die on me on the way over to my truck. Once there after several attempts to turn it over the battery started to die so I left it. I filled it up with gas once I got home and push started it some more to get it on thinking the battery just needed to be charged up. I was attempting to go full throttle to get the thing moving but it just kept cutting out and jerking.

I've already had this thing at the dealership for the starter changed out. I have no mods on it for an exception to the green wire mod. I've never really wound out the gears at all so I highly doubt that caused anything.

I have no clue what is going on, but I have been told it's possibly a dirty card or clogged jet. I have no idea on how to get my hands in there.

400exrider707
02-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Check your CDI. Mine bounced out of the holder under the hood and was dangling by the cord causing a bad connection. Same symptoms as yours. Pushed it back as hard as I could and started up and ran fine.