PDA

View Full Version : tattoo design

chevy
02-25-2007, 03:07 PM
i have been wanting to get a tattoo for awhile now and i finally decided that im gona get a maltese cross on the back of my left shoulder i was just wondering if anyone could post some sweet maltese crosses so i can get an idea of ezactly how i want my done. I know there is a sweet maltese cross design with an american flag in it but i cant find it anywhere.

chevy
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
does anyone know any websites where i can find any good pics of maltese crosses??

HiperEX
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
search google images heres somethin i want to get on my arm

Glamis400ex
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
man is THAT symbol played out...yikes.

bwamos
02-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Glamis400ex
man is THAT symbol played out...yikes.

LoL, aye. And, 90% of the people that get it tatooed to themselves (for the rest of their lives) don't even know the history behind the symbol.. lol.

7 speed
02-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
LoL, aye. And, 90% of the people that get it tatooed to themselves (for the rest of their lives) don't even know the history behind the symbol.. lol.

Can you tell us the history behind it?

Do you know?

7 speed
02-27-2007, 08:59 AM
The Cross has been so successfully used by Christians, and specifically by Christian nations that its more sinister use by others, then casts a shadow on its use by Christians. It is suspected that if the Church been founded by our Lord in this day and age, and he had mounted the cross for our sins today - we would have made a "trade mark" of the cross in its varied forms and thus secured it only for Christian use!

Prussian Iron Cross 1813

The origins of the Prussian/German "Iron Cross".
The tradition of the Iron Cross (which was Cross Pattée in shape) had an honourable beginning, when it was instituted as a Prussian decoration, in March 1813, by King Friedrich Wilheim III during the War of Liberation against Napoleon. It was awarded without regard for nationality or social class to combatants for acts of heroism, bravery or leadership skills

chevy
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
i will admit i do not know the history behind the maltese cross and i know it is overused but im getting the maltese cross tattoed on my body becuz it has its own meaning to me. it may sound dumb but its not like i picked a tattoo design out of my...

MillerTime4187
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
this might be the American flag cross you're looking for